Prerequisites for servers running Archive Manager services
Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4: vcredist_x86.exe
Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package: vcredist_x86.exe
Supported Archive Manager Server Operating System version. Please verify that your mail system requirements are supported on the desired operating system.
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 and 3.5 SP1. Note: Reliability Update 2 for the .NET Framework 4 is required and can be found at: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2600217
SQL Native Client (sqlncli.msi). SQL Native Client 2005 is required. SQL Native Client 2008 is not supported.
.NET Framework 4.0 and 3.5 SP1, the SQL 2005 native client, and vcredist_x86 (version 2008 SP1) from the AutoRun program in your downloaded Archive Manager zip file. If you are installing Archive Manager to a different system than the one running the installer, then .Net 3.5 SP1 must be pre-installed (before running the installer).
If running in an SBS (Small Business Server) environment, Archive Manager must reside on an SBS-member server that meets the specifications for an Archive Manger server.
To enable text-string searches and indexing of file attachments: You must install IFilters for the file types you want to search and index:
Microsoft offers a free pack of IFilters for its Office 2010 file types at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17062, (link current as of this release). SP2 can be applied via Windows Update or downloaded at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2687447. This Filter Pack includes IFilters for the following formats: .docx, .docm, .pptx, .pptm, .xlsx, .xlsm, .xlsb, .zip, .one, .vdx, .vsd, .vss, .vst, .vdx, .vsx, and .vtx.
IFilters for earlier-version Office file extensions (.doc, .rtf, .xls, .ppt, etc.), and for .txt, .htm and .html files, are installed with Microsoft Windows, and so should already reside on the Archive Manager server. You can verify their installation, and track and manage your IFilters generally, with a third-party IFilter browser; several are available at little or no cost from independent vendors.
Adobe bundles a copy of its PDF IFilter version 9 with its free Adobe Reader 9 software, and offers a free IFilter 9 for 64-bit platforms separately. It is recommended that you use Adobe version 9 PDF IFilters, or FoxIt IFilters.
Installing Adobe Reader X uninstalls PDF iFilters, which then need to be reinstalled. For additional information, see www.adobe.com.
Prerequisites for servers running Archive Manager websites
• Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) version 8.5, 8.0, 7.5, 7.0, or 6.0.
For IIS 7.0 or later, certain role services are required to be manually selected and installed on the web server in order for the Archive Manager Website to run correctly. These roles include: Common HTTP Features; Static Content ; ASP.net; ASP; Basic Authentication; Windows Authentication; IIS Management Tools and Scripts; and IIS Management Console.
• Microsoft ASP.NET (component of Windows, any supported Windows version).
The API web service endpoint can be configured to use Windows Authentication or Anonymous Authentication. When using Anonymous Authentication, the web service application performs security checks and authenticates the client using Basic Authentication (plain text user password authentication). When using Windows Authentication, IIS handles the authentication and provides the web service application with a confirmation of the authentication attempt.
Prerequisites for servers running the Exchange Store Manager Service
- Supported Exchange version
- MAPI Support, one (either) of:
- Microsoft Exchange System Manager 2003 (Exchange 2003).
- Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI/CDO 1.2.1: 6.5.8320.0
Note also for the Exchange Store Manager (ESM) and Remote ESM:
• MAPI CDO and SQL Native Client are required for any ESM installation.
• The service user account must have Receive As and View Information Store Status permissions to the mail store from which the ESM will export mailboxes.
• All files named mapisvc.inf on the machine where Archive Manager is installed must have the FullAccess privilege set for the Archive Manager service users group.
• For the Remote ESM, the user that the Remote ESM is running as must have the "Log on as a service" right.
MAPI Journal Data Loader:
The data loader service user account must have Receive As and View Information Store Status permissions to the mail store that contains the journal mailbox.
In a parent/child domain configuration, if you are installing Archive Manager in the child domain, you must create two accounts: an Exchange Store Manager account in the child domain for the Archive Manager installation, and another Exchange Store Manager account in the parent domain.
Prerequisites for servers running GroupWise services
- Novell Client 2 SP3 for Windows Server 2008 R2 & 2012
- Novell Client 2 SP2 for Windows Server 2008 & 2008 R2
- Novell Client 2 SP1 for Windows Server 2008 R2, or
- Novell Client 2 SP1 for Windows Server 2008, or
- Novell Client 4.91 SP2, for Windows Server 2003
The client version must match the server version. For example, if you are using GroupWise Server 2012, you must use GroupWise Client 12.0.0.
GroupWise Store Manager (GSM):
- MAPI CDO and SQL Native Client are required for any GSM installation, and for TNEF. TNEF allows messages from Exchange-based mail systems to be processed with rich content, such as meeting invites.
- It is recommended that the GroupWise Store Manager (GSM) run under a separate account than all of the other Archive Manager services.
- We do not certify GroupWise client version 7.0.3 because that version does not correctly process shared folders. With the 7.0.3 client, only the owner of a shared folder can see its messages in Archive Manager. GroupWise client version 7.0.2, however, does process shared folders correctly.
- Archive Manager is not certified for use with clustered GroupWise host systems configured for parallel processing, load balancing, or fault tolerance
- File read, write and execute permissions are required for access to the wpdomain.db file and other associated files and folders.
- Supervisor-level permission is required for the Novell tree.