This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is it possible to prohibit sending encrypted mail to migrated recipient?

Hi! my customer is trying to find a way to prohibit Lotus users sending encrypted mail to their colleagues, who already migrated to exchange. I know, that CMN treats encrypted mail well, but still...

• Hi Kachurin,

I am not sure if this is possible. IBM would be your best resource in this area.
  • Hi, 

Probably a bit late for your project, but just seen this and in case anybody else has this issue ....

If the migrated user no longer needs to use a Notes client then it should be possible. 

Notes encrypted emails work by finding the public key of the recipient in their person document in the Domino directory.  When you register a user in Notes this is set up automatically. 

However if there is no public key, then any attempt to send that user encrypted email result in a pop up telling you they can not receive encrypted email and asking if you want to send un encrypted. 

so providing they don't need to use Notes clients anymore, you could either remove the notes key information for migrated users or replace their person document with a "dummy" one that has no notes key information.

They will then not be able to receive encrypted emails.

However do not try this if they still need to use a notes client. Again, it depends on your Domino set up but some features will require that they can match the key in their notes.id with a  person document and all sorts of  issues can occur.  

Mike Harvey