Alarm blackouts

Hello,

I was told that if you create a blackout in Spotlight, it stops monitoring on those targets? Is that the case? What I want is to schedule a blackout for planned maintenance, so we don't get blasted by emails, but to still have information on those targets. I know they have a 'notification blackout' in Oracle's Cloud Control monitoring software, so something like that. Does Spotlight have that functionality?

Parents
  • The closest that i have been able to come to a solution for this would be to use an alarm action which catches all alarms / types you which to ignore in a particular time/date window, then lower their priority to info or low during this time / date window in the alarm action. Make sure you suppress all other alarms in the action and stop processing further rules and put the alarm action at the top of the list of actions so it is hit first.

• The closest that i have been able to come to a solution for this would be to use an alarm action which catches all alarms / types you which to ignore in a particular time/date window, then lower their priority to info or low during this time / date window in the alarm action. Make sure you suppress all other alarms in the action and stop processing further rules and put the alarm action at the top of the list of actions so it is hit first.

Children
No Data