Support for your product in a single location.
New releases, updates and patches.
Maximize your investmentFind out how we can help
Our leaders' commentary on news inthe software industry. Read now
Where do you want to be?Search jobs
One of the largest locally owned and operated banks in Hamilton County, Tenn., Cornerstone Community Bank prides itself on providing friendly and personal service to customers, and understands that to deliver on that commitment, it needs to ensure the recoverability of critical data. Realizing that their legacy backup solution could no longer meet their stringent requirements, Cornerstone turned to Quest vRanger® to ensure fast and reliable backup, replication and restore capabilities for its VMware virtual environment, in the process cutting replication times by almost 70 percent and reducing data restore times from days to minutes.
Tweet This: Cornerstone Community Bank reduces restore times from days to minutes with @Quest vRanger: http://bit.ly/szO6OL
· Cornerstone’s IT infrastructure includes roughly 31 Windows and Linux servers, 25 of which are virtualized, as well as three ESX hosts at its primary data location and two ESX hosts at a secondary location for backup and disaster recovery.
· Unhappy with the performance and reliability of the legacy enterprise backup and recovery tool it was using to replicate virtual machine data to its secondary site, and frustrated with what had become a cumbersome and time-consuming backup process, Cornerstone recognized that it needed a fast and easy-to-use backup and recovery solution designed to meet the specific needs of its virtual environment.
· With the help of TekLinks, a leading Quest data protection partner providing best-in-class IT solutions and support, Cornerstone identified vRanger as a solution capable of meeting its key business requirements.
Quest’s Market-leading VMware Backup, Replication and Recovery Proves on the Money
· vRanger has delivered the performance and reliability Cornerstone was looking for in a replication solution. Since it began using vRanger, the company has realized significant improvements in replication speed and performance, despite increasing the number of virtual machines in its environment from nine to 25.
· In addition, vRanger has cut replication time for Cornerstone’s largest virtual machine – which totals nearly 400 GB – by 67 percent, reducing what used to be a 90-hour process down to just 30 hours.
· Moreover, vRanger has helped Cornerstone speed its data restore process from hours, and, in some case, days, down to just minutes, saving its IT staff valuable time and enabling the bank to deliver the superior service its customers need and expect.
· Randy Dover, Vice President and Information Technology Officer, Cornerstone Community Bank
“Since we began using vRanger, we’ve not only seen dramatic improvements across the board in terms of speed and performance, but the solution has proven to be both reliable and easy to use. With our old replication solution, we used to have problems losing VMs, but I haven’t seen that happen a single time since we’ve been using vRanger, and the speed and flexibility of vRanger’s file-level restore capability adds yet another layer of convenience. If you’re running a virtual environment, you need vRanger.”
· Frank Bryant, Corporate Account Manager, TekLinks
“A growing number of customers now realize that in order to fully maximize the benefits of virtualization, they need backup and recovery solutions specifically designed to handle the requirements of the virtual environment. In the case of Cornerstone, we identified vRanger from Quest Software as a solution that would deliver our client the performance and reliability they were looking for from a virtual data protection solution.”
· Quest Software, Inc.: http://www.quest.com/
· vRanger Blog: http://communities.quest.com/community/vranger
· More Quest news: http://www.quest.com/newsroom/
· Twitter: http://mobile.twitter.com/quest
· Facebook: http://www.quest.com/facebook
· LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/
· Quest TV: http://www.quest.com/tv/
Quest Software (Nasdaq: QSFT) simplifies and reduces the cost of managing IT for more than 100,000 customers worldwide. Our innovative solutions make solving the toughest IT management problems easier, enabling customers to save time and money across physical, virtual and cloud environments. For more information about Quest solutions for administration and automation, data protection, development and optimization, identity and access management, migration and consolidation, and performance monitoring, go to www.quest.com.
· Quest news releases: http://www.quest.com/rss/news-releases.aspx
Quest, Quest Software and the Quest logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quest Software in the United States and certain other countries. vRanger is a registered trademark of Vizioncore Inc. in the United States and certain other countries. All other names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
©2013 Dell Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Acquisitions - Enstratius, PacketTrap, RemoteScan