Support for your product in a single location.
New releases, updates and patches.
Maximize your investmentFind out how we can help
Our leaders' commentary on news inthe software industry. Read now
Where do you want to be?Search jobs
ALISO VIEJO, Calif., Mar 28, 2012 – Quest Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: QSFT)
Quest Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: QSFT) today announces an agreement that will help prepare France Télévisions’ application estate for its migration from Windows XP to Windows 7. The French broadcasting company will use the ChangeBASE toolset to assess its applications for compatibility with VMware ThinApp, Internet Explorer 8 and Microsoft Patch Updates.
Tweet This: France Televisions chooses @Quest ChangeBASE over competitors for Windows 7 migration (http://bit.ly/nCsq3K)
· Quest’s ChangeBASE solution provides automated application compatibility testing and remediation when moving application portfolios to new operating systems, browsers and virtual platforms, dramatically reducing the cost and time of application migration.
· For France Télévisions, using the ChangeBASE solution for application compatibility analysis will enable an estimated cost saving of 55 percent, while the time savings will equate to 340 man days.
· France Télévisions carried out a thorough comparative analysis of the application compatibility tools available on the market before selecting ChangeBASE. Key differentiators that steered this decision included the ChangeBASE solution’s ability to assess compatibility with VMware ThinApp, and the ability to automate the ongoing assessment of application compatibility with Microsoft Patch updates. Both of these capabilities are unique to Quest’s ChangeBASE solution set. A further factor in the company’s decision was the level of support provided by the ChangeBASE solution for migration to Office 2010.
· Didier Briard, director of desktop projects, France Télévisions
"We selected the ChangeBASE tool for our migration project because of the close alignment between our requirements and what the solution could provide. After a very thorough evaluation of ChangeBASE and other application compatibility testing tools, the breadth of its functionality and the speed with which it could be implemented clearly set ChangeBASE apart. The ChangeBASE team was committed to providing a solution that closely aligned with France Télévisions’ needs. Throughout the project, the commercial and technical support provided by ChangeBASE has been highly responsive to our requirements.”
· Jon Rolls, vice president, product management, User Workspace Management, Quest Software
“We are delighted with the relationship we have built with France Télévisions, which reflects our commitment to an expanding customer base in the French market. The cost and time savings we demonstrated to France Télévisions are a clear indicator of the value that Quest’s ChangeBASE solution is bringing to enterprise migration.”
· Quest Software, Inc.: http://www.quest.com/
· More Quest news: http://www.quest.com/newsroom/
· Quest ChangeBASE: http://www.quest.com/changebase/
· Twitter: http://mobile.twitter.com/quest
· Facebook: http://www.quest.com/facebook
· LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/
· Quest TV: http://www.quest.com/tv/
Established in 1987, Quest Software (Nasdaq: QSFT) provides simple and innovative IT management solutions that enable more than 100,000 global customers to save time and money across physical and virtual environments. Quest products solve complex IT challenges ranging from database management, data protection, identity and access management, monitoring, user workspace management to Windows management
· Quest news releases: http://www.quest.com/rss/news-releases.aspx
Quest, Quest Software and the Quest logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quest Software in the United States and certain other countries. All other names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
©2013 Dell Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Acquisitions - Enstratius, RemoteScan