A new report by the analyst firm IDC ranks Quest NetVault® Backup number one for data protection and recovery of Linux environments in the Japan market. Quest’s flagship enterprise data protection product, NetVault Backup has now ranked number one for Linux backup in Japan for 10 consecutive years.
Tweet This: New analyst report ranks @Quest NetVault number one for Linux backup in Japan. http://bit.ly/M60GQM
· Titled “Japan Storage Software 2012‐2016 Forecast and 2011 Analysis” [i] (Doc #J12450102), the IDC report provides a market size and vendor share analysis for the Japan storage software market in 2011. For data protection and recovery of Linux operating environments, Quest Software ranked number one in 2011, with a 61 percent share of the market.
· A highly scalable, cross-platform backup and recovery solution, NetVault Backup supports 12 different distributions of Linux. It also provides specialized support for seven different applications running on Linux, including Oracle, MySQL, Informix, DB2, Domino, Teradata, and SAP. In addition, NetVault Backup supports a wide range of Pure64 Linux distributions.
o Unlike most Windows-centric solutions, the NetVault Backup master server can be run directly on a Linux machine, providing users with increased flexibility and performance.
Walter Angerer, senior vice president and general manager, Data Protection, Quest Software
“The new report from IDC once again demonstrates Quest’s position as the Japanese market's leading provider of data protection and recovery software for Linux environments. As complexity continues to grow within the IT infrastructure, organizations are increasingly faced with the challenge of protecting critical data and applications across a variety of platforms. NetVault Backup addresses this challenge by delivering a truly cross-platform data protection solution that’s affordable, scalable and easy to use. We look forward to continuing to deliver this technology to customers in Japan and across the globe.”
· Quest Software, Inc.: http://www.quest.com/
· More Quest news: http://www.quest.com/newsroom/
· Quest Data Protection Community: http://communities.quest.com/community/data-protection
· Twitter: http://mobile.twitter.com/quest
· Facebook: http://www.quest.com/facebook
· LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/
· Quest TV: http://www.quest.com/tv/
Established in 1987, Quest Software (Nasdaq: QSFT) provides simple and innovative IT management solutions that enable more than 100,000 global customers to save time and money across physical and virtual environments. Quest products solve complex IT challenges ranging from database management, data protection, identity and access management, monitoring, user workspace management to Windows management.
· Quest news releases: http://www.quest.com/rss/news-releases.aspx
Quest, Quest Software, NetVault and the Quest logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quest Software in the United States and certain other countries. All other names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
[i] IDC Japan, Japan Storage Software 2012–2016 Forecast and 2011 Analysis, Doc #J12450102, June 2012.
Acquisitions - Enstratius, RemoteScan, StatSoft