Tweet this: New vFundamentals bundle created by @Quest to simplify #VMware management for #SMBs http://bit.ly/H8Qy5fNews Facts:
Quest Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: QSFT) today announced the availability of vFundamentals, a new product suite that delivers best-in-class backup, capacity planning and resource optimization for VMware virtual environments. vFundamentals enables virtualization administrators to confidently grow their virtual environments knowing that critical assets are properly utilized and protected. Attainably priced at $995 per CPU, the new bundle includes Quest vRanger® Pro, the market’s leading VMware backup, replication and recovery solution, as well as capacity management and optimization technology from VKernel’s vOps Server Standard Edition.
· Packaged with the needs of small- and mid-sized businesses in mind, vFundamentals provides virtualization and systems administrators with a cost-effective, scalable solution that requires minimal customization and can be put into production quickly, enabling them to protect, manage and optimize their growing VMware virtual environments.
o One of the only backup products to achieve VMware Ready status for vSphere 5, vRanger Pro delivers highly optimized virtual data protection. It features a patented Active Block Mapping technology that reduces network payload and storage space requirements. Its parallel job execution and dynamic resource management capabilities enable users to scale with confidence.
o VKernel’s vOps Server Standard Edition simplifies capacity planning by enabling users to visualize multiple capacity issues at a glance; calculate remaining available VM slots; forecast future resource requirements and reserve capacity for planned deployments; and predict future capacity bottlenecks.
o For resource optimization, VKernel’s technology also collects information directly from VMware’s vCenter and analyzes thousands of data points across the entire virtual environment, giving users the ability to quickly and easily identify resource efficiency issues, make resource allocation recommendations, and safely and automatically resize virtual machines.
· vFundamentals will be sold through the channel at an SMB-friendly price point of $995 per CPU.
· John Maxwell, vice president, data protection product management, Quest Software
“Backup and recovery, capacity planning, and resource optimization are three of the biggest pain points SMBs encounter as they look to grow out their virtual environments. With vFundamentals, Quest is leveraging its product portfolio to bring them a solution that addresses all of those challenges. Packaging VKernel’s capacity planning and resource optimization capabilities with vRanger, Quest’s market-leading VMware backup, replication and recovery solution, creates a comprehensive virtualization management bundle that delivers the simplicity and cost-effectiveness SMBs need.”
· Bryan Semple, chief marketing officer, VKernel
“As SMBs continue to grow their virtual environments, they are in need of an easy-to-use and affordable end-to-end solution that allows them to ensure their virtual assets are properly managed and protected. The combination of vRanger and VKernel technology meets those needs, and does so in a single package that’s easy to buy, easy to use, and easy to manage.”
· Quest news releases: www.quest.com/rss/news-releases.aspx
· Quest Software, Inc.: http://www.quest.com/
· More Quest news: http://www.quest.com/newsroom/
· vRanger community: http://communities.quest.com/community/vranger
· Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Quest
· Facebook: www.quest.com/facebook
· LinkedIn: www.quest.com/linkedin
· Quest TV: http://www.quest.com/tv/
Established in 1987, Quest Software (Nasdaq: QSFT) provides simple and innovative IT management solutions that enable more than 100,000 global customers to save time and money across physical and virtual environments. Quest products solve complex IT challenges ranging from database management, data protection, identity and access management, monitoring, user workspace management to Windows management.
# # #
Quest, Quest Software, and the Quest logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quest Software in the United States and certain other countries. vRanger is a trademark or registered trademark of Vizioncore Inc. in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Acquisitions - Enstratius, RemoteScan, StatSoft