Support for your product in a single location.
New releases, updates and patches.
Maximize your investmentFind out how we can help
Our leaders' commentary on news inthe software industry. Read now
Where do you want to be?Search jobs
ALISO VIEJO, Calif., June 6, 2012News Facts:
Quest Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: QSFT) today announced that NetVault® Backup, the company’s flagship enterprise data protection product, has been chosen by Fujitsu to provide backup services to Japan-based users of its Global Cloud Platform public cloud service.
· NetVault Backup is now available to Fujitsu customers in Japan as an option for protecting Windows- and Linux-based virtual systems hosted and deployed within Global Cloud Platform.
o NetVault Backup is the first integrated data protection solution available within Fujitsu’s public cloud service that enables users to back up Linux-based systems.
· Users can now simply select NetVault Backup from within Global Cloud Platform’s web service portal. With NetVault Backup, Japan-based Global Cloud Platform customers can quickly and easily back up data living within their Windows or Linux virtual systems on either a per-file or per-application basis. o Global Cloud Platform enables enterprises to ensure high-availability for their business systems by utilizing the large-scale resources provided by Fujitsu’s data centers. Established in Japan in 2010, Fujitsu’s public cloud service is also currently available from the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Germany, and Singapore.
Walter Angerer, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Data Protection, Quest Software
“When it comes protecting on-premise systems, NetVault Backup has long been a backup software solution of choice for Fujitsu in Japan, and now we’re excited to extend that relationship into the cloud. With NetVault Backup, Fujitsu’s customers in Japan will have access to a fast, cost-effective and easy-to-use software solution that will help them safeguard critical systems hosted and deployed within the Global Cloud Platform public cloud service.”
Kazuo Imada, Executive Vice President, Cloud Platform Development Unit, Fujitsu
“We are very pleased to provide Quest’s product on Fujitsu’s Global Cloud Platform cloud service. NetVault Backup has been applied to our mission-critical IA server “PRIMEQUEST”, PC server “PRIMERGY”, and the storage system “ETERNUS”, to provide an integrated backup system for on-premise customers. Global Cloud Platform will continuously provide the five merits of speed, scalability, self service, security, and standardization, in order to meet our cloud customers' demands.”
· Quest news releases: www.quest.com/rss/news-releases.aspx
· Quest Software, Inc.: http://www.quest.com/
· More Quest news: http://www.quest.com/newsroom/
· Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Quest
· Facebook: www.quest.com/facebook
· LinkedIn: www.quest.com/linkedin
· Quest TV: http://www.quest.com/tv/
Established in 1987, Quest Software (Nasdaq: QSFT) provides simple and innovative IT management solutions that enable more than 100,000 global customers to save time and money across physical and virtual environments. Quest products solve complex IT challenges ranging from database management, data protection, identity and access management, monitoring, user workspace management to Windows management.
# # #
Quest, Quest Software, NetVault and the Quest logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quest Software in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
©2013 Dell Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Acquisitions - Enstratius, RemoteScan