Maximize your investmentFind out how we can help
Our leaders' commentary on news inthe software industry. Read now
Where do you want to be?Search jobs
ALISO VIEJO, Calif., Jan. 10, 2012
Tweet this: Recover critical #Oracle #data in seconds with the latest edition of @Quest NetVault FastRecover http://bit.ly/mWQx7W
Quest Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: QSFT) today announced the availability of NetVault® FastRecover 4.5, which enhances the company’s continuous data protection (CDP) capabilities by enabling instant recovery of critical Oracle data through patented Virtual On-Demand Recovery™ technology.
· The newest release enables users to take real-time snapshots of an Oracle database and safely store them in a NetVault FastRecover Server. In the event of a corruption or data loss, end users can access the Oracle application data within seconds after a restore is initiated.
o Using the product’s built-in replication feature, Oracle data can also be sent over a wide area network from one NetVault FastRecover server to another, delivering effective protection for remote and branch offices (ROBOs), and enabling companies to implement a cost-effective disaster recovery strategy.
o In addition to Oracle, NetVault FastRecover also provides backup and Virtual On-Demand Recovery for Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, and Windows file-system data.
· NetVault Fast Recover 4.5 enables customers to integrate CDP technology with their existing backup software. Using CIFS export functionality, users can back up datasets stored on a FastRecover server using almost any data backup software, including Quest’s own NetVault Backup, as well as a host of third-party solutions such as Symantec NetBackup and Backup Exec, CommVault Simpana, and IBM Tivoli Storage Manager.
· Continuing Quest’s vision to deliver an integrated data protection portfolio, NetVault FastRecover now also integrates with Recovery Manager for Exchange, enabling customers to search for and extract individual mail items from a NetVault FastRecover dataset.
· Additional enhancements in NetVault FastRecover 4.5 include extended platform support for Windows 7.
David Tsuen, information systems programmer, City of Montebello
“Our IT team supports the City of Montebello’s entire IT infrastructure, including financial applications and 9-1-1 dispatch, and are committed to making sure it’s accessible and secure. To prevent any data loss and downtime, we rely on NetVault FastRecover’s continuous data protection and near instant recovery. We look forward to the enhancements in version 4.5, especially its extended platform support and CIFS export functionality."Walter Angerer, senior vice president and general manager, data protection, Quest Software
“With more company data than ever before being classified as mission critical by SMBs and enterprises alike, prolonged periods of downtime have become unacceptable, meaning solutions that enable rapid recovery will play a major role in modern data protection strategies. With the release of NetVault FastRecover 4.5, Quest has made it easy for customers to integrate CDP into their existing data protection portfolios and take advantage of its patented Virtual On-Demand Recovery techniques.”
· Quest news releases: www.quest.com/rss/news-releases.aspx
· Quest Software, Inc.: http://www.quest.com/
· More Quest news: http://www.quest.com/newsroom/
· Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Quest
· Facebook: www.quest.com/facebook
· LinkedIn: www.quest.com/linkedin
· Quest TV: http://www.quest.com/tv/
About Quest Software, Inc.
Quest Software (Nasdaq: QSFT) simplifies and reduces the cost of managing IT for more than 100,000 customers worldwide. Our innovative solutions make solving the toughest IT management problems easier, enabling customers to save time and money across physical, virtual and cloud environments. For more information about Quest solutions for administration and automation, data protection, development and optimization, identity and access management, migration and consolidation, and performance monitoring, go to www.quest.com.
# # #
Quest, Quest Software, NetVault and the Quest logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quest Software in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.Editorial Contact:Scott Desiere949.firstname.lastname@example.org
©2014 Dell Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Acquisitions - Enstratius, RemoteScan, StatSoft