Maximize your investmentFind out how we can help
Our leaders' commentary on news inthe software industry. Read now
Where do you want to be?Search jobs
Quest Software Adds Virtual Desktop Connectivity for Android Tablets and Devices
Company Launches vWorkspace Connector for Android to Extend Support to Tablets and Market-leading Mobile Phone Devices
LAS VEGAS – InterOp 2011 – May 9, 2011News Facts:
Jennifer BernasSr. Manager, AR/PR, Virtualization and Cloud
Phone: 949.754.8241 Twitter: @Quest_News
· Quest Software now offers vWorkspace Connector for Android version 1.0. This new connector enables vWorkspace users to securely access virtual Windows desktops and applications from Android tablets and cell phones.
· The Quest vWorkspace Connector for Android provides support for Quest’s Experience Optimized Protocol (EOP) Graphics Acceleration technology, which improves the user experience when accessing applications or documents that contain a large number of detailed graphics.
· Quest vWorkspace solutions empower companies to virtualize their desktop environments in ways that best meet the specific needs of their business. Patent-pending technology and extensive automation come together to deliver a remarkable user experience across a multitude of different connections, devices and locations.
· vWorkspace blends virtual desktop and application technology—mix-and-match hosted VDI, local (offline) VDI, Terminal Server/Remote Desktop Session Host, and application virtualization—to deliver the lowest possible cost while providing a high quality user experience.
Optimized, personalized user experience
Quest vWorkspace Connector for Android offers many user experience features:
o On-screen mouse provides precise control for easy navigation of the Windows desktop using the Android's multi-touch display.
o Instant zoom, scroll and remote sound enable the user to access the maximum Windows experience on Android tablets as well as phones.
o Intuitive user interface quickly and easily sets up connection to vWorkspace, requiring minimal technical knowledge to get up and running and customize the user experience.
o vWorkspace Secure Gateway support enables secure, one-click access to desktops and applications
Keith Graham, manager, product management, Quest Software Desktop Virtualization Group
“Companies need desktop virtualization solutions that deliver support and access for the devices their employees use most. With the introduction of vWorkspace Connector for Android, Quest meets this need by providing a simple way to introduce Android’s immensely popular devices into virtualized environments.”
· Quest Software introduces virtual desktop connection to Android devices http://bit.ly/kU7BSs· Now Android devices are easily supported by desktop virtualization environments with new Quest vWorkspace Connector http://bit.ly/kU7BSsAbout Us:
Quest Software (Nasdaq: QSFT) application management, database management, Windows management, virtualization management, and IT management, go to www.quest.com. simplifies and reduces the cost of managing IT for more than 100,000 customers worldwide. Our innovative solutions make solving the toughest IT management problems easier, enabling customers to save time and money across physical, virtual and cloud environments. For more information about Quest solutions for
· Quest news releases: www.quest.com/rss/news-releases.aspx
Web Links Referenced in this Release:
· Quest Software, Inc.: http://www.quest.com/
· Desktop Virtualization: http://www.quest.com/virtualization/
· Application management: http://www.quest.com/application-management/
· Database management: http://www.quest.com/database-management/
· Windows management: http://www.quest.com/windows-management/
· Virtualization management: http://www.quest.com/virtualization/
· IT management: http://www.quest.com/
# # #
Quest, Quest Software and the Quest logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quest Software in the United States and certain other countries. All other names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
©2014 Dell Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Acquisitions - Enstratius, RemoteScan, StatSoft