Maximize your investmentFind out how we can help
Our leaders' commentary on news inthe software industry. Read now
Where do you want to be?Search jobs
ALISO VIEJO, Calif., November 28, 2012 - Quest Software, Inc.
Quest Software, Inc. (now part of Dell) today announced the general availability of Foglight® for Windows® Azure Applications, as well as beta availability of Foglight for Cloud Cost Management. Both are available immediately via the new Foglight On-Demand platform. This enhanced product offering, together with a new, currently free, cost management tool, enables developers to easily optimize the performance of applications built on the Windows Azure platform. News Facts:
· Foglight for Windows Azure Applications - Now generally available, Foglight for Windows Azure Applications is a quick-to-deploy diagnostic and monitoring solution that helps assure the performance and availability of applications built on the Windows Azure platform. In addition, the solution provides real-time data on the health of the application, together with actual end-user experience measurements. Specifically, Foglight for Windows Azure Applications provides developers and DevOps specialists with these benefits:
o Quality of Service insight enables a deeper understanding of the application’s performance quality, especially when it is performing less optimally than intended.
o Synthetic availability testing ensures 24/7 application availability by combining actual website page load times with internal Azure application performance assurance data to ensure a complete view of all aspects of the application service delivery. With this information, developers can quickly identify and resolve performance issues no matter where they originate.
o Real user monitoring enables developers and DevOps specialists to determine how many visitors the application is supporting, where users are coming from, and what browsers/devices they are using, so they can tailor and improve appeal accordingly.
o Transaction analysis provides the capability to track which transactions take longest, which are the most common, which consume the most time overall, and which have the greatest negative impact on a user’s experience. This enables developers to pinpoint where to focus efforts to improve the user experience.
o Application and infrastructure health enables developers to identify problems with the Azure infrastructure or the application, and receive warnings if there are issues that have the potential to affect end users. In addition, developers also can receive alerts on issues that already are impacting end users.
· Foglight for Cloud Cost Management – Available as a beta today, this new, currently free, billing and usage management tool analyzes Windows Azure accounts to help identify and minimize waste. The product drills into subscription data to provide a detailed view of resource utilization that can be interpreted to show exactly where expenses originate in the cloud. By plugging into an organization’s Windows Azure account, customers using the product can slice and dice billing detail within the application for customized reporting and project mapping. Specifically, the product provides:
o Increased insight into billing
o Features that enable developers to manage and forecast expenses
o The ability to manage multiple Windows Azure accountsThrough a partnership with Satory Global, a consulting firm recognized as a Microsoft Azure Circle West Region partner of the year, Quest also offers developers planning and architecture assistance for future Azure applications, as well as migration services to efficiently move an application from on-premises to the cloud, or to build the application directly in the cloud.
Quotes:Steve Rosenberg, general manager, Performance Monitoring Business Unit, Quest Software
“The enhanced functionality in Foglight for Windows Azure Applications and the accompanying new and free tools open the door for Quest to provide valuable services at a nominal price to small- and mid-sized organizations that are leveraging Azure today. For large enterprises, these new solutions provide the assurance that when they are ready to leverage cloud platforms, or look to use SaaS-based application performance monitoring (APM), Quest will be there to support them.”
Anne Isaacs, CEO, Satory Global
“As Microsoft continues to extend Azure’s functionality and versatility, our clients recognize Foglight for Windows Azure Applications to be a valuable tool to manage and monitor applications hosted either entirely in Azure, or in hybrid environments.”
· Quest Software, Inc.: http://www.quest.com/
· More Quest news: http://www.quest.com/newsroom/
· Satory Global: http://www.satory.com/SitePages/Welcome.aspx
· Quest Foglight for Windows Azure Applications: http://www.foglight-on-demand.com/en/appPerformance/guided-tour.html
· Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/foglight
· Facebook: http://www.quest.com/facebook
· LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/
· Quest TV: http://www.quest.com/tv/
About Quest Software (now a part of Dell)Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. Quest, now a part of Dell's Software Group, provides simple and innovative IT management solutions that enable more than 100,000 global customers to save time and money across physical and virtual environments. Quest products solve complex IT challenges ranging from database management, data protection, identity and access management, monitoring, user workspace management to Windows management. For more information, visit http://www.quest.com or http://www.dell.com.
About Dell SoftwareDell Software helps customers of every size take advantage of new technologies and address organizational challenges to grow their businesses and remain competitive. For more than a decade, Dell has been making strategic software acquisitions and partnering in the industry to support and enable the hardware and services solutions it provides to customers. In 2012, Dell formed a dedicated software division to extend its capabilities in software IP and total solutions offerings. Dell security, systems management, business intelligence and application software draw on the strength of Dell's distribution capabilities and reputation to help clients in every industry achieve better business outcomes.
· Quest news releases: http://www.quest.com/rss/news-releases.aspx
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.Quest, Quest Software, Foglight, and the Quest logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quest Software in the United States and certain other countries. All other names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Dell SoftwareKelly O'Dwyer-Manuel (613) 270-1533 Kelly_ODwyer-Manuel@software.dell.com
©2014 Dell Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Acquisitions - Enstratius, RemoteScan