Maximize your investmentFind out how we can help
Our leaders' commentary on news inthe software industry. Read now
Where do you want to be?Search jobs
Aliso Viejo, Calif., Oct. 25, 2011Tweet this: New releases of @Quest NetVault Backup and NetVault SmartDisk simplify enterprise backup and recovery http://bit.ly/vc7Iye
News Facts:Quest Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: QSFT) today announced the availability of Quest NetVault® Backup 8.6 and NetVault SmartDisk 1.5, the latest updates to the NetVault family of data protection solutions. NetVault Backup 8.6 enhances enterprise backup and recovery by delivering increased speed, scalability and platform support, while NetVault SmartDisk 1.5 takes deduplication a step further by supporting backups from network-attached storage (NAS) appliances.
· NetVault Backup 8.6 dramatically increases the speed with which customers can restore data from incremental backups. Internal test results indicate that data restores with NetVault Backup are now 50 percent faster on average.
· The new release also delivers significant scalability enhancements, as customers now have virtually no limit to the number of files they can process in a single backup job.
· Continuing its rich history of protecting a wide range of NAS devices, NetVault Backup 8.6 is the first backup solution to support block-level, incremental backup for BlueArc’s high-performance NAS systems, delivering users significant improvements in performance and scalability.
· NetVault Backup 8.6 also extends cross-platform data protection by adding additional support for the latest operating systems, applications, tape devices, and NAS platforms, including varied offerings from Red Hat, Mac OS X Lion, MySQL, Quantum, IBM, EMC DataDomain, and NetApp.
· In addition to these enhancements, NetVault Backup continues to deliver a host of best-in-class capabilities that simplify enterprise backup and recovery.
o Known for its ease of use, NetVault Backup enables users to protect all data from a common console, with no scripting required for applications or virtualized environments.
o NetVault Backup also delivers the utmost in flexibility, enabling users to select their backup storage device of choice from disk – using NetVault SmartDisk – to NAS appliances, virtual tape libraries (VTL) and tape systems.
o The ability to efficiently scale to meet the requirements of SMBs and enterprises alike means users won’t be forced to rip and replace their data protection infrastructure as their businesses grow.
o NetVault Backup’s broad platform and application protection ensures the system’s availability of business-critical applications such as Oracle, SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Domino, Informix, and Sybase.
· NetVault SmartDisk 1.5 adds support for backup data from NAS appliances using basic NDMP backups or NetApp’s SnapMirror-to-Tape function.
o When used with NetVault Backup, the solution can send backup data from a NAS source to a SmartDisk storage repository, meaning customers can now get enterprise-wide deduplication for all of their protected systems.
Walter Angerer, senior vice president and general manager, data protection, Quest Software
“Given the current landscape in which admins are constantly being asked to do more with less, the ability to implement backup and recovery solutions that lower costs and reduce complexity is of the utmost importance. NetVault Backup enables users to leverage their existing storage investments while delivering the speed, scalability, and ease of use they need to simplify cross-platform data protection and minimize business risk in the process.”
About Quest Software, Inc.
Quest Software (Nasdaq: QSFT) simplifies and reduces the cost of managing IT for more than 100,000 customers worldwide. Our innovative solutions make solving the toughest IT management problems easier, enabling customers to save time and money across physical, virtual and cloud environments. For more information about Quest solutions for administration and automation, data protection, development and optimization, identity and access management, migration and consolidation, and performance monitoring, go to www.quest.com.
# # #
Quest, Quest Software, NetVault and the Quest logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quest Software in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Quest Software, Inc.: http://www.quest.com/
NetVault Backup: http://www.quest.com/netvault-backup/
NetVault SmartDisk: http://www.quest.com/netvault-smartdisk/
Quest TV: http://www.quest.com/tv/
Editorial ContactScott DesiereQuest Software, Inc.949.754.8617 email@example.comTwitter: @Quest_News
©2014 Dell Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Acquisitions - Enstratius, RemoteScan