ALISO VIEJO, Calif., June 2, 2011News Facts:
Scott DesiereSr. AR/PR Specialist
Phone: 949.754.8617Twitter: @Quest_News
· Quest Software, Inc. (Nasdaq: QSFT) today announced that Carl Eberling has been named one of just 10 recipients of the InfoWorld 2011 Technology Leadership Award, which honors senior IT executives who have demonstrated leadership within their companies and in the IT community.
· Eberling was one of just three winners in the Technology Innovation category, which recognizes leaders who thought outside of the box to find a new territory in which to steer their company’s technological vision.
· Eberling was specifically selected for having the foresight to view virtualization not as a technology choice to be made in deciding what IT services Quest should offer its clients, but rather as a method that is appropriate in some circumstances and not in others.· To read more about Eberling’s receipt of the InfoWorld 2011 Technology Leadership Award, please visit www.infoworld.com/tla.
Virtualization and Cloud Management Solutions from Quest:
· Quest is a market leader in virtualization and cloud management, with solutions spanning server virtualization, desktop virtualization, and cloud automation that support multiple hypervisor platforms.
· Virtual server management solutions include Quest® vRanger®, the first VMware backup and recovery solution to feature agentless VM backup, active block mapping for deleted data, Fibre SAN restore, and full integrated cataloging; and Quest® vFoglight®, a leading performance monitoring and management tool for virtualized environments.
· Quest® vWorkspace empowers companies to virtualize their desktop environments in the manner that best meets their business needs, by blending virtual desktop and application technology including mix-and-match hosted VDI, local (offline) VDI, Terminal Server/Remote Desktop Session Host, and application virtualization.
· Quest® Cloud Automation Platform enables customers to quickly create flexible, robust, scalable infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) private clouds.
Carl Eberling, vice president and general manager, Virtualization & Monitoring, Quest Software
“I am honored to be personally recognized by InfoWorld as a leader in technology innovation, but this distinction is really reflective of the hard work and dedication of the entire Quest team. We’re committed to remaining at the forefront of IT management by delivering comprehensive and cost-effective software solutions that simplify our customers’ most difficult challenges across physical, virtual and cloud environments.”
Galen Gruman, executive editor, news and features, InfoWorld
“Technology leadership is more important than ever given the strong pressures on all organizations due to the recent recession to figure out how to grow again with fewer resources. InfoWorld's first 10 Technology Leadership Awards winners show that essential combination of creativity, vision, management, and political savvy that are necessary to stand out from their peers in helping their businesses grow, in re-architecting their IT strategies, in deploying critical technologies, and in innovation technologies themselves.”
Talk To Us Directly:
To schedule a one-on-one interview with Quest’s Carl Eberling, winner of the InfoWorld 2011 Technology Leadership Award, please email email@example.com or call (949) 794-8617.Tweet this:
· Quest’s Carl Eberling wins prestigious InfoWorld 2011 Technology Leadership Award: http://bit.ly/jfCHDT
Server Virtualization: http://communities.quest.com/community/virtualization?view=blog
Desktop Virtualization: http://communities.quest.com/community/vworkspaceVM Backup and Recovery: http://communities.quest.com/community/vranger
Quest Software (Nasdaq: QSFT) simplifies and reduces the cost of managing IT for more than 100,000 customers worldwide. Our innovative solutions make solving the toughest IT management problems easier, enabling customers to save time and money across physical, virtual and cloud environments. For more information about Quest solutions for application management, database management, Windows management, virtualization management, and IT management, go to www.quest.com.
About InfoWorldInfoWorld helps IT decision makers choose the right technology, within the context of a cohesive strategy for business impact at their organizations. InfoWorld identifies and promotes emerging technology segments that add unique value for the organizations that implement them, as well as the vendors that provide those solutions. Using an integrated communications approach including online, events, research, and a continued investment in the independent InfoWorld Test Center, InfoWorld analysts and editors provide hands-on analysis and evaluation, as well as expert commentary on issues surrounding emerging technologies and products. Visit InfoWorld at http://www.infoworld.com.
· Quest news releases: www.quest.com/rss/news-releases.aspx
Web Links Referenced in this Release:
· Quest Software, Inc.: http://www.quest.com/
· Virtualization management: http://www.quest.com/virtualization/
· VMware backup and recovery: http://www.quest.com/vranger/
· Performance Monitoring: http://www.quest.com/vfoglight/
· Desktop Virtualization: http://www.quest.com/vworkspace
· Cloud Automation: http://www.quest.com/cloudautomation/
· Application management: http://www.quest.com/application-management/
· Database management: http://www.quest.com/database-management/
· Windows management: http://www.quest.com/windows-management/
· IT management: http://www.quest.com/
· InfoWorld Technology Leadership Awards: http://www.infoworld.com/t/information-technology-careers/the-infoworld-2011-technology-leadership-awards-959
· InfoWorld: www.infoworld.com/· Twitter: www.quest.com/twitter
· Facebook: www.quest.com/facebook
· LinkedIn: www.quest.com/linkedin
· YouTube: www.quest.com/youtube
# # #
Quest, Quest Software, vFoglight and the Quest logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quest Software in the United States and certain other countries. vRanger is a registered trademark of Vizioncore Inc. in the United States. All other names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Acquisitions - Enstratius, RemoteScan, StatSoft