Maximize your investmentFind out how we can help
Our leaders' commentary on news inthe software industry. Read now
Where do you want to be?Search jobs
ALISO VIEJO, Calif., Sept. 20, 2011 – Quest Software, Inc. (Nasdaq: QSFT) today announced releases of two products in its award-winning SharePoint solution set that squarely reinforce the company’s pledge to enable SharePoint administrators to control the chaos often associated with SharePoint environments, and keep the bottom line intact. Quest® Recovery Manager for SharePoint reduces SharePoint recovery time, gets content back to users quickly, and ensures data safety. Server Administrator for SharePoint helps SharePoint administrators gain confidence in their SharePoint environment by ensuring servers and farms are configured properly and conform to best practices. These are the latest enhancements to Quest’s SharePoint product portfolio, which gives SharePoint administrators the control to meet end user demands and reduce the time, cost and complexity associated with managing, migrating and customizing SharePoint.
“We know that the functionality added to Recovery Manager for SharePoint and to Server Administrator for SharePoint will give SharePoint administrators the ability to do more with their projects and also provide quicker time to value. That’s a critical measurement in any organization,” said Bill Evans, vice president and general manager, SharePoint, Quest Software. “In addition, we’re excited to be able to take advantage of the creativity and passion of the SharePoint community through two unique contests that will produce resources that will appeal to all SharePoint administrators.”
Quest SharePoint Product Updates:
· Recovery Manager for SharePointThe newest release of Recovery Manager for SharePoint enables administrators to execute granular and disaster-level restores from full virtual machine backups created with Quest vRanger®. In environments running on VMWare ESX or ESXi, this newest version of Recovery Manager enables the SharePoint farm’s SQL and SharePoint servers to be protected with vRanger, and adds granular data recovery on top of that. No additional backups are necessary, and Recovery Manager does not require SharePoint administrators to have permissions for vRanger.
For more information on the new features of Recovery Manager for SharePoint, please visit the Quest Communities SharePoint for All blog. To download Recovery Manager for SharePoint, please visit http://www.quest.com/recovery-manager-for-sharepoint/.
· Server Administrator for SharePointThe updated, free version of Server Administrator for SharePoint helps administrators gain maximum insight into SharePoint server and farm configuration and customizations to optimize manageability, performance, availability, and security.
Available as a free download, it streamlines server management by enabling administrators to analyze the configurations, settings and customizations, and compare them to pre-defined or customized best practice rules. Server Administrator for SharePoint helps to mitigate risk in the SharePoint environment, and maintain and administer SharePoint with existing staffing and resource levels.
Server Administrator for SharePoint 1.3 is now available. For more information, please visit http://www.quest.com/server-administrator-for-sharepoint/.
In addition, Quest continues to engage the SharePoint community through two contests challenging IT professionals to create and share their best work using Quest solutions. The Build Better SharePoint Contest, which wrapped up Aug. 31, facilitated Quest’s search for the best use of Quest® Web Parts for SharePoint with a winner selected by a panel of SharePoint experts. The SharePoint Server Rules Contest, open through Nov. 11, invites SharePoint users to submit the most impressive rules they have created for Server Administrator for SharePoint using PowerShell or PowerGUI.
Quest SharePoint Contest News:
· Build Better SharePoint ContestThis contest facilitated a search for the best use of Quest® Web Parts for SharePoint, which enables anyone – whether a SharePoint developer, administrator or power user – to configure rather than create or write code to customize SharePoint quickly, effectively and successfully. Contestants were required to use Web Parts for SharePoint to build either a SharePoint site or application. All entries were evaluated on visual appearance, ease of use and strategic importance to the business, with three finalists determined by SharePoint for All community voters. Congratulations to Kim Forchhammer of Golder Associates, who was selected from the finalists by a panel of SharePoint experts, winning a trip to the 2011 SharePoint Conference Oct. 3-6, in Anaheim, Calif. View Kim’s winning entry by visiting http://communities.quest.com/docs/DOC-10341.
· SharePoint Server Rules ContestThis contest, which runs through Nov. 11, highlights Quest’s search for the best Server Administrator for SharePoint rule for monitoring the health of the SharePoint server environment. Contestants should submit the most impressive rule they have created for Server Administrator for a chance to win up to $500 in Amazon gift cards. Bi-weekly drawings of all entrants will be conducted for $50 Amazon gift cards, and a panel of SharePoint experts will select first, second and third place winners at the end of the contest.
· Quest Software, Inc.: http://www.quest.com/· Administration and automation: http://www.quest.com/administration-and-automation/· Data protection: http://www.quest.com/data-protection/· Development and optimization: http://www.quest.com/development-and-optimization/· Identity and access management: http://www.quest.com/identity-management/· Migration and consolidation: http://www.quest.com/migration-and-consolidation/· Performance monitoring: http://www.quest.com/performance-monitoring/· Twitter: http://mobile.twitter.com/quest· Facebook: http://www.quest.com/facebook · LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/· Quest TV: http://www.quest.com/tv/
About Quest Software, Inc.
Quest Software (Nasdaq: QSFT) simplifies and reduces the cost of managing IT for more than 100,000 customers worldwide. Our innovative solutions make solving the toughest IT management problems easier, enabling customers to save time and money across physical, virtual and cloud environments. For more information about Quest solutions for administration and automation, data protection, development and optimization, identity and access management, migration and consolidation, and performance monitoring, go to www.quest.com.
Editorial Contact:Kelly O'Dwyer-ManuelQuest Software, Inc.email@example.com
©2014 Dell Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Acquisitions - Enstratius, RemoteScan