This solution runs on top of ActiveRoles Server, and requires the following to be deployed in your Active Directory environment prior to installing the solution:
- ActiveRoles Server 6.5.0 or 6.7.0, including the Administration Service and ActiveRoles Server console.
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 or later in the resource forest.
- Outgoing trusts from the resource forest to the account forests, so that users in domains of an account forest can authenticate in the resource forest.
Note that in addition to the main requirements for ActiveRoles Server, which can be found in the Release Notes document for ActiveRoles Server, the following requirements must be met in order for this solution to install and work:
- Domains of both the resource forest and account forests must be registered with ActiveRoles Server as managed domains.
- Installation must be performed on a computer running the ActiveRoles Server Administration Service. The Setup program requires that the Administration Service be up and running to make all the necessary changes to the configuration of ActiveRoles Server.
For more information and instructions, see "Deploying the Solution" in the ActiveRoles Quick Connect for Exchange Resource Forests Administrator Guide.