Note: If an IBM DB2 for LUW 7 client is installed on the machine where Toad is going to be installed, you must upgrade the DB2 client to version 8 before installing Toad for DB2 to avoid losing functionality in some DB2 native tools.
Before installing Toad, ensure that your client system meets the following minimum hardware and software requirements:
1 GHz minimum
512 MB of RAM minimum, 1 GB recommended
Note: The memory required may vary based on the following:
- Applications that are running on your system when using Toad for IBM DB2
- Size and complexity of the database
- Amount of database activity
- Number of concurrent users accessing the database
Hard Disk Space
212 MB to run Toad for IBM DB2
Allocate additional space for the following components as needed (provided with Xpert Editions):
- If installing Dell SQL Optimizer for DB2 z/OS, allocate an additional 60 MB.
Note: The disk space required may vary based on the edition of Toad selected for installation.
Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 2 or later
Windows Server 2003 R2
Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3 (32-bit or 64-bit, except Starter Edition)
Windows Vista with Service Pack 2 or later (32-bit or 64-bit, except Starter Edition)
Windows Server 2008 with Service Pack 2 or later (32-bit or 64-bit)
Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)
Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
The Microsoft® .NET Framework is required. The version is dependent on the operating system.
Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008 (SP2 or earlier), Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012
Windows XP, Windows Vista (SP1 or earlier), Windows Server 2003
Note: The .NET Framework 4 Client Profile is not supported.
In addition to above requirement, .NET Framework 3.5 (SP1) is also required on Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows Server 2003.
Toad installs a DB2 client as part of the installation process.
Requirements for 32-Bit and 64-Bit Environments
Toad for IBM DB2 provides a 32-bit and a 64-bit Toad for IBM DB2 DB2 client installer. The 32-bit client installs in any Toad-supported Windows environment. The 64-bit client installs in a 64-bit environment only. Additionally, a 32-bit and a 64-bit IBM DB2 client cannot exist on the same computer. Based on this restriction, install the appropriate 32-bit or 64-bit Toad for IBM DB2 DB2 client if another DB2 client already resides on your 64-bit computer.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or later
Note: Toad may support other internet browsers in addition to Internet Explorer, but note that no testing was performed on it.
Before installing Toad, ensure that your server meets the following minimum hardware and software requirements:
IBM DB2 for z/OS 9, 10, 11.1
Note: Toad may support IBM DB2 Express and SWE in addition to listed above servers, but note that no testing was performed on it.
Operating System Platforms for Toad for DB2 Agent
Toad for IBM DB2 requires that the Toad for IBM DB2 for DB2 Agent reside on each DB2 for LUW server on which you intend to execute scripts server-side (using the Toad for IBM DB2 LUW Remote Script Execution feature).
The agent supports servers running in any of these operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows XP (32-bit)
- SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 and 9 for zLinux
- SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 and 9 United Linux for Intel x86
- SuSE Linux Enterprise 10 on x86
- SuSE Linux (2.6 Kernel) on AMD64 (x86_64)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS 3.0 and 4.0 zLinux
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS 2.1, 3.0, and 4.0 on x86
- Red Hat Enterprise 4.0 (2.6 Kernel) on x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.0 on x86
Note: The following additional requirements apply:
- In 64-bit zLinux environments, the Toad for IBM DB2 for DB2 Agent supports only DB2 for LUW 9.1 or later.
- Sun Solaris 7 servers must have Sun Solaris 7 patch 106327 applied.
- RedHat 3.0 servers must have compatibility library compatlibstdc++- 7.3-2.96.122.i386.rpm installed. This package is available on Red Hat Advanced Server 3.0 installation media.
See the Toad for IBM DB2 for DB2 LUW Agent Installation Guide for complete agent requirements and installation details.
Hard Disk Space for Toad for DB2 Agent
For the Toad for IBM DB2 LUW Remote Script Execution component, 34.9 MB
Review the following information about using Toad for IBM DB2 in virtual environments:
Limited testing has been performed for Citrix XenApp 5.0 on Windows Server 2003 and Citrix XenApp 6.5 on Windows Server 2008 R2.
Limited testing has been performed for Citrix support on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Server (Service Pack 2) using the MetaFrame Presentation Server 5.0 and Citrix Presentation Server Clients 10.2.
Desktop Virtualization (VDI)
Toad has been tested with Quest vWorkspace 7.6 running on Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit.
Note: Toad may work in virtualization environments other than the ones in which it was tested.