Foglight - Not Starting

All,

I just installed Foglight on CentOS 5.5 x64, 3gigs, i5, plenty of disk space. I took the typical install for the fms_silent.install except I changed that path to /opt.

Fired it up without error and tracing the Management server log it just sits here -

2013-04-23 14:25:27.046 INFO    [main] com.quest.nitro.startup.StartupConfigLoader - Forge Server starting up using HA Pooled Invoker port: 4446

2013-04-23 14:25:27.046 INFO    [main] com.quest.nitro.startup.StartupConfigLoader - Forge Server starting up using HA JNDI UDP Auto Discovery port: 1102

Selinux is off so is the firewall. Any idea why it won't start?

Parents
  • You are getting this error

2013-11-07 19:02:32.047 ERROR   [main] com.quest.common.util.HostUtils - Could not determine a valid host name for this machine, using "localhost". It is possible that the host name for this machine has been set to something that is not resolvable via DNS or the local hosts file. Some functionality may be affected.

java.net.UnknownHostException: foglight: foglight

Try following the KB article but also make sure you don't just have a typo in the hosts file like dpw had

https://support.quest.com/SolutionDetail.aspx?id=SOL77544&pr=Foglight

Knowledge Article 77544

• Title

FMS will not startup giving a "java.net.UnknownHostException" error

• Description

FMS will not start up. The following error appears in the FMS log:

"ERROR [main] com.quest.common.util.HostUtils - Could not determine a valid host name for this machine, using localhost. Some functionality may be affected.

java.net.UnknownHostException: XXXXX: XXXXX"

where XXXX is the hostname of the FMS host.

• Resolution

Add an entry for the hostname in the hosts file on the FMS host

Golan

• You are getting this error

2013-11-07 19:02:32.047 ERROR   [main] com.quest.common.util.HostUtils - Could not determine a valid host name for this machine, using "localhost". It is possible that the host name for this machine has been set to something that is not resolvable via DNS or the local hosts file. Some functionality may be affected.

java.net.UnknownHostException: foglight: foglight

Try following the KB article but also make sure you don't just have a typo in the hosts file like dpw had

https://support.quest.com/SolutionDetail.aspx?id=SOL77544&pr=Foglight

Knowledge Article 77544

• Title

FMS will not startup giving a "java.net.UnknownHostException" error

• Description

FMS will not start up. The following error appears in the FMS log:

"ERROR [main] com.quest.common.util.HostUtils - Could not determine a valid host name for this machine, using localhost. Some functionality may be affected.

java.net.UnknownHostException: XXXXX: XXXXX"

where XXXX is the hostname of the FMS host.

• Resolution

Add an entry for the hostname in the hosts file on the FMS host

Golan

Children
No Data