DSA - Taking Long Time

I have selected only one OU with 5 users.  DSA is running for more than 5 hrs now. I don’t see any issues in the DSA log.  Last entry was “Configurator Statistics: ADAM statistics counted for job: 69789265B830C160409332F040D61873A2, time: 0.00133893.” It is still moving.

I have verified:

1. 1.       Name resolution
  2. 2.       Network connectivity
  3. 3.       Preferred GC/DC
  4. 4.       Service Attribute Index status in AD
  5. No other jobs on this DSA
  6. No crazy filters or exlusions

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Parents
  • No matter how many objects have been selected the DSA will scan the entire source and target and will store some info in ADAM DB and will populate the cache during the initial sync, so all the factors Jeff mentioned will affect the performance.

Have also a look at the LinkResolver log, to see what it tells you, if the service attributes are indexed, etc.

If the "counting ADAM statistics" will be logged for a prolonged period of time then open a ticket with support, some work might need to be done, (depending on tool version and patch level) and one of the files might need to be updated.

• No matter how many objects have been selected the DSA will scan the entire source and target and will store some info in ADAM DB and will populate the cache during the initial sync, so all the factors Jeff mentioned will affect the performance.

Have also a look at the LinkResolver log, to see what it tells you, if the service attributes are indexed, etc.

If the "counting ADAM statistics" will be logged for a prolonged period of time then open a ticket with support, some work might need to be done, (depending on tool version and patch level) and one of the files might need to be updated.

Children
No Data