EMC Celerra NAS Device Issue

We are currently in the pilot phase of a migration and we seem to be having some issues around the NAS head devices which are EMC Celerra.  The users are not able to access their file share post migration getting an access denied message.  We are currently using QMMAD 8.8 and migrating SIDHistory.  We have not processed the NAS heads yet we were hoping to use SIDHistory.  Has anyone seen any issues that we should be aware of with the EMC Celerra devices.

Thanks,

Ray

Parents
  • Enrico,

         So we have noticed that there are some share and NTFS permissions using the domain users group and we are working through that but these other shares do not have that issue.  The one thing we have seen is that the NTFS permissions are set at the top level then there may be one to two levels in which they do not have permission and then at the bottom level they have permission again.  So when they map the drive they map it down to the last level which has permissions.  They do not have any rights to travers the folders above which I think maybe part of the issue here. This was working prior to migration and now they are getting access denied issues. We have also tried to do an effective permissions on the folder and there account in the target domain and the permissions appear to be fine.

    Thanks,

    Ray

Reply
  • Enrico,

         So we have noticed that there are some share and NTFS permissions using the domain users group and we are working through that but these other shares do not have that issue.  The one thing we have seen is that the NTFS permissions are set at the top level then there may be one to two levels in which they do not have permission and then at the bottom level they have permission again.  So when they map the drive they map it down to the last level which has permissions.  They do not have any rights to travers the folders above which I think maybe part of the issue here. This was working prior to migration and now they are getting access denied issues. We have also tried to do an effective permissions on the folder and there account in the target domain and the permissions appear to be fine.

    Thanks,

    Ray

Children
No Data