After finding an error during an IT Shop form setup, I see that the Object Browser shows the custom column in PersonWantsOrg as Enabled = False. It won't allow me to change it though. I didn't find any way to change that through the Schema Editor either. Any ideas how to fix that?
Can you please give us some more details to be able to help you out?
What is the status of the PWO that you are looking at? Are you able to change any other column?
What are the permissions you have assigned to that custom column?
What version are you using?
This is a brand new setup, but I can edit a few of the properties of this particular column (display name). It looks like I can't edit the Enabled column on any of the tables, so maybe the Object Browser isn't the correct place to change that. I looked in the Schema Editor as well, but didn't find an Enabled option there.
I was having some issue creating custom columns initially when I didn't have proper permissions on the SQL end, but I'm pretty sure that was fixed when this one was created. I created a couple other columns at the same time and they came out just fine.
This column has CCCEditRole and CCCViewRole. I've also tried adding CCCEditPermissions role.
The metadata enabled cannot be changed and is displayed in ObjectBrowser for debugging purposes only.
I would first clear my local cache of the database metadata (can be done in the settings menu of Object Browser for example), close and restart the ObjectBrowser to see if it works then.
In addition, check if the database column is appearing on the database itself, for example, check this with the SQL Server Management Studio.
I did try clearing the local cache and restarting, but it still reports the same thing. Unfortunately, I don't have permissions for an SSMS install yet.
If you use a direct SQL connection to your database you could use the SQL Window in Object Browser to check if you are able to select your new column via an SQL Select statement.