Sept. 22, 2015: Dell today announced the release of Dell One Identity Manager 7.0, a scalable, modular and integrated platform that enables organizations to unify security policies, meet compliance needs and achieve governance, while improving business agility both today and long term. The solution enables compliance through access control and segregation of duties, complete visibility, and control that’s driven by identity intelligence and business objectives.
With Dell One Identity Manager 7.0, organizations can take advantage of a single, consistent IAM strategy – based on business needs, not IT capabilities – and incorporate a modular and integrated solution onto their traditional IAM frameworks. Business users benefit from a new self-service feature to manage the identity lifecycle process more easily, which further reduces the burden on IT. In fact, with the solution’s automated architecture, organizations can simplify major identity and access management tasks to a faction of the time or expense of traditional framework solutions.
Dell One Identity Manager 7.0 takes the risk out of enterprise identity and access management
For years, IT departments have been solely responsible for all elements of an organization’s security strategy. The burden on IT is even greater when it comes to traditional IAM frameworks, which are expensive to build and time-consuming to implement and maintain. To meet different business unit needs, IT often works with a siloed set of narrowly-focused tools and security policies, relying on manual processes for enforcement. Multiple information silos not only increase the attack surface of the organization, they also can negatively impact user productivity. When users find security workarounds, the environment becomes even more vulnerable to risk from both inside and outside the organization.
Dell One Identity Manager simplifies identity and access management and facilitates better security decisions so organizations can control user and privileged access, govern identities, secure data, and reduce information silos and risk exposure. It also provides auditors with real-time governance reports detailing the resources in customer environments, who has access to them, and why that access was granted and terminated. New features in this release include:
- Heatmaps, dashboards and reporting enhancements
- Increased definition and representation of heatmaps, dashboards and compliance reports
- Resolve policy violations quickly, with better visibility through web UI for business users, data stewards and administrative staff
- New ReST Architecture
- Facilitates the exchange of information among an organization’s internal software and systems as well as external party systems
- Increases security between components and enables customers to author their own user interface for particular tasks to better leverage company business processes
- Web UI extensibility with HTML 5 support
- Web UI split in three ways for extensibility and simplification: end user, governance, administrator
- Increases business agility and responsiveness, regardless of the connected device
- Provisioning and synchronization wizard
- Provides easy, wizard-driven, centralized synchronization client to simplify the testing and provisioning to target systems
- Decreases the time needed to provision a new user into the network
- Componentization of core components
- Simplifies installation
- Reduces costs and upgrade complexities
- Segregation of Duties definition enhancements
- Provide easy definition and performance enhancements to SoD rule definitions
- Reduce administrative time, while maintaining a higher level of compliance
- Dell One Identity Manager 7.0 is now available worldwide and can be seen at the Dell World Software User Forum, Oct. 20-22 in Austin, Texas.
- Dell solutions are available both directly and through channel partners.
John Milburn, executive director, Dell Security
“Organizations consistently feel daunted when it comes to implementing an identity and access management solution, as traditional frameworks are costly and time-intensive to deploy. Dell One Identity Manager 7.0 is a modular and integrated identity and access management solution, so organizations can deploy what they need today, and feel confident they can easily add elements as required to support future business needs. With built-in automation and scalability to improve business agility, today and in the future, Dell One Identity Manager enables organizations to effectively mitigate risk, unify security policies, meet compliance needs and achieve governance – all without impacting business productivity.”
Mike Jones, director, Intragen
“The new release of Dell One Identity Manager sees a significant evolution for the product, and Intragen looks forward to delivering even greater value, functionality and scalability to our customers more quickly and easily than ever before. By deploying Dell solutions, we are able to identify, quantify and address the diverse range of risks our customers face by providing the appropriate governance to keep critical data and systems secure. Our customers increasingly view Dell One Identity Manager as a business enabler, because the solution gives them the visibility, automation and control they need to provide more services to more markets without compromising security.”
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/dellsoftware
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dellsoftware
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Dell-Software-4793472
- Dell Software YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/DellSoftwareVideo
- Dell IAM Tech Community: http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/iam/
Dell Inc. listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
Join us Oct. 20-22 at Dell World 2015, Dell’s flagship event bringing together technology and business professionals to network, share ideas and help co-create a better future. Learn more at www.dellworld.com and follow #DellWorld on Twitter.