This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Application and SQL Migration

I have Archive Manager 4.5.0.193 running on a 2003 R2 server with SQL 2005

The plan is to move both the application and the database to server 2008 R2 with a new installation of SQL.

I have seen documentation on doing each of these individually but not yet a process for both in the same migration.

I plan to Migrate the systems and upgrade after they are confirmed to be stable.

Tech Documents advise to detach original database for SQL move and the Archive Manager application move says to use the installer to create a new database.

I would rather not detach the database if possible, Would I be able to use the copy database function in SQL to move the database and allow the installer to locate the database for the install?

I will be creating the partitions for database and Attachments with their drive letters from the previous system in hopes to reduce any need for file location mapping.

Once stable, after the upgrade how much space will Full Text Index potentially take up?

Any other advise that I need during this project?

Thank you very much.

• Hello bbruemmer,

At this point we're running Archive Manager 5.3, and the version you have stated is no longer supported.

In order to properly upgrade Archive Manager and move your system to supported platforms there are a few steps you have to take.

I have sent you a Friend Request on here so that we can discuss in further detail.

I would be opening a service request for you so that we can deliver the bits needed for your Upgrade from 4.5 to 5.3. If you have not done so already I would suggest opening a Service Request via https://support.quest.com. Or, please let me know your site information via Private Message so that I can ensure you get yourself a Service Request opened.

Thank you,

Dave
    Quest Support