This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Migrate AM user data back in to their Exchange server account.

Hi Guys,

We have AM 4.7 running and Exchange 2010.

I would like to migrate a users data out of AM back in to his Exchange account and disable AM for his account.

How do i do this?

Thxs Chris

• Hi Chris,

There is no native way to move mail back into Exchange from Archive Manager. However, you could use a product like Recovery Manager for Exchange or Migration Manager for Email Archives to move the mail from Archive Manager back into a mailbox.

I would recommend that you upgrade your version of Archive Manager to the current version prior to using either of the suggested tools for migrating the mail back as 4.7 is fairly old. Note, if you do choose this option you will have to upgrade to 4.8 first then to 5.3/5.4.

You can also use Search Exporter, to export mail to a PST but you will lose the folder structure when using this option.

Thanks,
    John Allan
  • Hi John,

Thanks for this update.

Question, how can i disable Archiving for the user in the 4.7 console once i have exported out the user data?

Thxs Chris

• Hi Chris,

4.7 is before my time here at Quest but in the 5.x version you would find the mailbox in question under the mailbox node and uncheck "Enable Store manager".

It may not have the same wording but should be close in 4.7.

Let me know if you cannot find the setting.

Thanks,
    John Allan
  • Hi John,

Yes you are correct, the "Enable Store Manager" Check box is it.

Thxs. Chris
  • All i need now a cost effective way of getting the data out of AM to a PST!
  • Hi Chris,

We have a few tools that could assist with this.

Search Exporter, which comes with AM and can export any mail that is searched. So you could search by user and export all their mail. There is one problem to this is that you will lose the folder structure.

Recovery Manager for Exchange (RME) which has a plug into AM.

The last one is called Migration Manager for Email Archives (MMEA).

RME can be licensed for free with a AM maintenance contract. However, this is limited to just restoring messages from AM and no other sources but will do what you are looking for. This will allow you to export mail to a PST including folder structure.

MMEA is a migration tool that allows you to export mail from many sources to many different targets including PSTs but is not free.

If you need to get a license for RME, you can call 1 800 306 9329 and ask for our licensing team to get you that key.

Thanks,
    John Allan
  • Top Stuff!

Thxs for the heads up.

I'm following this thru with our Quest suppier now.

Thxs Chris.
  • Any time Chris! Have a great holidays!