This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Archive Manager 5.4 search fails with error

Hi, A few of our staff here get the following error on attempting a search in AM 5.4

[500] Internal Server Error: There is already an object named 'PK_#FromEA_emailAddressID' in the database. Could not create constraint or index. See previous errors

This appears to occur when a user does a search, say on email from usera@mydomain.com, then adds criteria to that search, such as a date range.

If the staff saves the search, closes and re-opens Archive manager and runs the saved search it seems to be OK then. Is there something we can do from the server side to address this, or a process change etc?

Regards

Myles Toomey

• Hello Myles,

I have tested your scenario in my lab and was unable to reproduce the behavior you're seeing.

The issue may be on the client side but it could also be on the Server Side.

- Does this issue happen to every user?
    - Can anyone reproduce it?
    - If you run the exact same search the user reported with issues, does the problem occur for you as well?

I would like to try the following and see if we can get it working every time for you:

1. Navigate to your SQL Server and ensure the SQL Agent is running
    2. In SQL Management Studio | SQL Server Agent | Jobs, Run, CleanTempTable job and allow it to complete
    3. Restart the Archive Manager Full Text Search Service on the main Archive Manager server
    4. Try to reproduce the error again.

If you're still having an issue, it would be best we open a Service Request so that the cause can be looked into further.

I will await your reply.

Thank you,

Dave

Quest Support
  • David, Thanks for your reply. I've escalate the sql tasks to our sql admins (sadly I do not have the required access) but once they've done their bit I'll do the last 2 steps.

It does not occur every time to all users, but yes I can replicate if I perform the identical search.
    We've had maybe 5-10 tickets raised about it since upgrading some 6 months ago, (from approx. 4500 users) so not a huge impact.

As I said, will do your steps and advise as soon as I can.

Cheers
  • Sorry for slow update. This seemed to help us, had SQL issues.

Cheers