This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to re-associate Archive data for a new user in a new domain

Client has migrated to a new AD/Exchange domain. 

The user accounts were created new in the target domain.

Would it be possible to fix the existing AM to allow the new users from the new domain access to the existing users Archive data?

Parents
  • Hello mcsecpearson,

Since the AD User accounts were created as new in the Target Domain, they will have a different ObjectGUID attribute in Active Directory. When the Archive Manager Directory Connector is configured to retrieve data from the new domain, it will create new Mailboxes and Logins since the connector has not seen the ObjectGUID's before.

It is certainly possible to work with the existing Logins/Mailboxes in Archive Manager and tie them in with the new Active Directory User Accounts.

Your best possible outcome would be to re-use the Archive Manager mailboxes and have Mail data continue to be archived into the existing mailboxes so that users can view their old/new mail.

Given that your above scenario is possible, I highly recommend that you consult with our Professional Services team who are highly experienced in this matter. I have sent you an Friend Request to obtain additional information so that we can correctly align a successful path in getting Archive Manager to function as you expect.

Thank you,

Dave

Quest Support
  • Hello mcsecpearson,

Since the AD User accounts were created as new in the Target Domain, they will have a different ObjectGUID attribute in Active Directory. When the Archive Manager Directory Connector is configured to retrieve data from the new domain, it will create new Mailboxes and Logins since the connector has not seen the ObjectGUID's before.

It is certainly possible to work with the existing Logins/Mailboxes in Archive Manager and tie them in with the new Active Directory User Accounts.

Your best possible outcome would be to re-use the Archive Manager mailboxes and have Mail data continue to be archived into the existing mailboxes so that users can view their old/new mail.

Given that your above scenario is possible, I highly recommend that you consult with our Professional Services team who are highly experienced in this matter. I have sent you an Friend Request to obtain additional information so that we can correctly align a successful path in getting Archive Manager to function as you expect.

Thank you,

Dave

Quest Support
Children
No Data