This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Archive Manager - migrating to cloud email archive. How/what do I do to make AM a read only system for historical email?

AM was installed prior to my starting with the company.  We have been running AM for some time and am in the process to moving archiving over to a cloud provider. 

I want to be able to keep the AM system in place as a read only system for finding historical email.  I have followed tech doc 31011 to stop AM from creating entries for newly created users from AD, but can't seem to find any other documentation for switching off journaling etc.

AM is journaling all email for a local exchange system (Exchange 2010) in the single site model.  What do I need to do to stop the journaling processes and make the system a historical email lookup system?

Many thanks

DC

Parents
  • David,

Apologies for the late thanks and reply, but we've been doing other migratory work and I cam just getting around to this.

Just to confirm we no longer want the Archive Manager from scanning mailboxes and removing old email. We also no longer want AM to journal email. However if anyone logs into the AM system to find a historic journaled email prior to Journaling being switched on in the replacement cloud service they would want to be able to mail it back to themselves and/or forward it onto another user.

Can you advise as to what I need to leave and what to disable from both the AM server side and the Exchange (2010) side?

Thanks again.

Richard
  • David,

Apologies for the late thanks and reply, but we've been doing other migratory work and I cam just getting around to this.

Just to confirm we no longer want the Archive Manager from scanning mailboxes and removing old email. We also no longer want AM to journal email. However if anyone logs into the AM system to find a historic journaled email prior to Journaling being switched on in the replacement cloud service they would want to be able to mail it back to themselves and/or forward it onto another user.

Can you advise as to what I need to leave and what to disable from both the AM server side and the Exchange (2010) side?

Thanks again.

Richard
Children
No Data