ChangeBase Configuration

Hello All,
We are planning to Migrate Windows server 2003 to Windows server 2012. So we are planning to use Changebase for that.

Our main requirements are as below:

• Remediation of Web application and Database, Missing Assembly check or upgrade analysis.
• OS analysis and DB upgrade (2008 to 2012) compatibility checks.
• Performance matrix if possible.
• Application compatibility test.
• Any other compatibility issues in the target environment.

Can you please provide any pointer, Video or Document regarding above requirements?

• Any Updates on above request?
  • Hi Sandy,
    ChangeBASE can certainly help with application compatibility assessment. It is designed to bulk assess numerous application packages across multiple OS platforms at the same time. Where we have identified fixes, automated remediation for some apps is possible. You can also assess web applications for compatibility issues across multiple browsers.

There are hundreds of checks that are applied and the solution allows you to also create your own. You can find more information about ChangeBASE under the Resources tab of our product page located here: www.quest.com/.../ And here's a 3 min video that gives a quick overview: www.youtube.com/watch

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,
    Ann
  • In reply to Ann.Maya:

Hello Ann,

Thanks for information.

I already gone through above link and video, but it is not fulfilling my requirements.

Let me explain my requirements in details:

My client has so many Windows Server 2003 Servers, so we are planning to migrate to Windows Server 2012.

Details are as below:

> We are not migrating directly Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2012.
    > We are migrating each Web application from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2012.
    > So to migrate single Web application we want to use ChangeBase for below requirements:

1) To check Application compatibility
    2) To check Dependency of other assembly
    3) To check Database compatibility before Migrating from SQL server 2005 to SQL server 2008R2 or SQL server 2012.
    4) Any Fixes or Solution available for any issues.

Can you please provide details of tools like (Web Capture, App zero or any other) which we can use to fulfill above requirements.

We have already occupied Dell ChangeBase license, but before using License we are planning to create Proof of concept.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks in Advance,

Sandy.
  • In reply to sandysitigar:

I have raised this with technical resources. Sukhwant will reach out to you very soon.

Regards,
    Ann

Hi Sandy

ChangeBASE will help you with understanding the OS compatibility and Web Browser compatibility of your applications. The Dependency and Conflict checker components will aid with understand if you have any missing dependencies.

The web capture component can be used to test websites
    AppZero could be useful when you do not have the original software of the product but it can’t help with understanding the compatibility. AppZero applications can however be imported into ChangeBASE to understand their compatibility.

Please share your contact details or feel free to reach us
    Quest provides global coverage from highly skilled professionals delivered through support centers located around the world see below for the center nearest to you.
    support.quest.com/.../phone-number-listing

Thanks
    Sukhwant
  • In reply to Sukhwant.Chauhan:

Hello Sukhwant,

Thanks for information.

I have few queries :

1) From where i can add Dependency and Conflict checker components?
    2) is it available for Evaluation version?
    3) Is Web Capture Component is enough for Web application to check Compatibility and other things. In Other words, can we consider Web Capture component as alternative of AppZero?

Thanks in advance.

Sandip.

Hi Sandeep,

1) Dependency and Conflict checker components refer to documents.software.dell.com/.../dependency-and-conflict-checker
    2) Web capture refer to :-documents.software.dell.com/.../web-capture
    You can also download user guide for more details.
    Please provide your contact details and purchase information , feel free to reach our support team for further support and FAQ etc.
    Thanks
    Sukhwant

Hello Sukhwant,

Thanks for information.

I am not able to find Dependency & Conflict checker components.

Can you please tell me from where i can install or add it?

Thanks,

Sandy

Please provide your contact details and purchase information , feel free to reach our support team for further support and FAQ etc.
    Thanks
    Sukhwant

Hello Sukhwant,

Can you please tell whether Dacc (Dependency and Conflict Checker) available in Evaluation version or not.

If it is not available in Evaluation version i will ask my network admin to install license version.

I have to contact network admin/Resource manager to provide you purchase information.

Thanks,

Sandy

Your database is set up and associated with a trial license that allows you to use ChangeBASE for a 30-day evaluation period and import and assess up to 35 packages. You will also be able to fix,repackage, virtualize, and report on, 50% of these packages. It is better you use full version of ChangeBase.

Thanks
    Sukhwant