This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to Reboot machine at a scheduled time?

Hello,

We have an application launcher element that installs a new silent DLP solution on end workstations.  This solution requires a reboot at some point so we want to schedule the reboot of the clients machine when they are not here (at 11:59 PM).  We are able to easily create this task and in fact I tested in a CMD prompt on my workstation the code and it did reboot my machine that evening.

While some do power down or reboot, there are quite a few that just log off or lock their screens and turn off their monitor.  This is a fail safe to make sure the machine does reboot and the new software agent that is installed becomes fully functional.  Maybe there is another way to achive this but here is the issue we are having.

The line in our bat file successfully adds a one time reboot in Scheduled Tasks :

schtasks /create /sc once /tn "reboot" /tr "shutdown -r" /st 23:59

If I run Task Scheduler as administrator I can see this task on the workstation.  However the last run result says "The operation being requested was not performed because the user has not logged on to the network.  The specified service does not exist. (0x800704DD) Author: scriptlogicuser

Any ideas how to bypass that?

Parents Reply Children
No Data