This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Deploying Lock screen background image using Desktop Authority

Hello, 

My organization wants to deploy a lockscreen image on all of our end user PCs and i am looking for guidance on how to accomplish this via Desktop Authority if possible. Currently we are doing it via Group Policy as a screensaver but we would like to do this via DA because it would be easier for us to manage.

Parents
  • Interesting issue. I can see a couple of ways to solve the problem.

You can use a Desktop Authority rule to set a specific registry setting. On some versions of Windows (Enterprise, don't know about any others), the lock screen can be forced via: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization

Create a REG-SZ named "LockScreenImage"

Alternatively, the default folder for the images is: C: \Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets

you will see all the images in it. Note that the files in the folder are actually jpeg files, they just don't have an extension so you can rename them to see them or rename your desired jpeg to remove the extension before you copy it.

you can specify a file rule that deletes all the existing files in that folder (Delete operation, * as file name) and a rule to copy the one you want into it. Then Windows only has the one file to pick from.

warning - I haven't tried either solution, but they should work ;-)

Hope that helps!
    Mark
  • Interesting issue. I can see a couple of ways to solve the problem.

You can use a Desktop Authority rule to set a specific registry setting. On some versions of Windows (Enterprise, don't know about any others), the lock screen can be forced via: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization

Create a REG-SZ named "LockScreenImage"

Alternatively, the default folder for the images is: C: \Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets

you will see all the images in it. Note that the files in the folder are actually jpeg files, they just don't have an extension so you can rename them to see them or rename your desired jpeg to remove the extension before you copy it.

you can specify a file rule that deletes all the existing files in that folder (Delete operation, * as file name) and a rule to copy the one you want into it. Then Windows only has the one file to pick from.

warning - I haven't tried either solution, but they should work ;-)

Hope that helps!
    Mark
Children
No Data