This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

What is the difference between Privilege Manager Editions?

I see that Privilege Manager 4.1 has a community edition. I am running the Pro version, but I was wondering if there is any document that points out the differences between the Community and Professional editions. I'd like to know what I can do with the Community edition. 

Kevin Littrell

Parents
  • The document that has the information about the PM versions is located HERE

Privilege Manager is available in the following editions:

• Privilege Manager Community: This edition is free and does not require a license. You can collaborate, brainstorm new elevation rules, share rules with other users, and provide bug reports and enhancement requests to Quest Software.

• Privilege Manager Professional: This edition requires a paid license and includes additional security, discovery, and reporting capabilities, as well as technical support from Quest Software.

• Privilege Manager Professional Evaluation: This edition is the free 30-day trial period for Privilege Manager Professional. If you do not buy a license after 30 days, the software will revert to the lesser-featured Community edition. You won't have the Professional features, but you can keep the Community edition just for trying Privilege Manager.

NOTE: When reverting back to the Community edition, you will need to re-save all computer-based Group Policy object (GPO) rules as user-based. Computer-based rules will no longer work on the client-side once the trial expires.

• The document that has the information about the PM versions is located HERE

Privilege Manager is available in the following editions:

• Privilege Manager Community: This edition is free and does not require a license. You can collaborate, brainstorm new elevation rules, share rules with other users, and provide bug reports and enhancement requests to Quest Software.

• Privilege Manager Professional: This edition requires a paid license and includes additional security, discovery, and reporting capabilities, as well as technical support from Quest Software.

• Privilege Manager Professional Evaluation: This edition is the free 30-day trial period for Privilege Manager Professional. If you do not buy a license after 30 days, the software will revert to the lesser-featured Community edition. You won't have the Professional features, but you can keep the Community edition just for trying Privilege Manager.

NOTE: When reverting back to the Community edition, you will need to re-save all computer-based Group Policy object (GPO) rules as user-based. Computer-based rules will no longer work on the client-side once the trial expires.

Children
No Data