This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Quest Reporter and Windows 2012R2

Hi all,

I'm trying to install Quest Reporter 6.6.1 on a Windows 2012R2 machine (I know Reporter is not supported anymore, but i need to use some of its features that Enteprise Reporter does not offer...).

Installation completes fine, but when i try to run the Reporter shortcut ( QMS.msc ) I always get the error "mmc could not initialize the snapin" .

As a result I cannot run the Reporter Management Console because of this.

Does anyone know what might be the issue?

I have another installation of the very same Reporter version on Windows 2008 and Windows 2008R2 and I didn't ever had such issue.

Any help much appreciated !

Sotiris.

Parents
  • Hi Tracey,

unfortunately no, we're phasing out Windows 2008 machines and replacing them with Windows 2012R2.
    However,
    It's only the Reporter console .msc that doesn't work. The rest of the Reporter tools work fine (e.g. the Database configurator)...
  • Hi Tracey,

unfortunately no, we're phasing out Windows 2008 machines and replacing them with Windows 2012R2.
    However,
    It's only the Reporter console .msc that doesn't work. The rest of the Reporter tools work fine (e.g. the Database configurator)...
Children
No Data