This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Exclude Parameter not working as expected

I'm running the Installed Software report.  I'm filtering out software packages I'm not interested in for my purposes.  I have added an optional parameter on the Display Name field in the report with an Exclude condition where I list each package I'm not interested in surrounded by astericks, for example, *Microsoft Office*.

When I run the report, I am getting lines with "Microsoft Office" in the results, such as "Microsoft Office 32-bit Components 2013."  Another example, I have excluded *KB*, but I get, "Definition Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB3115404) 64-Bit edition" in the results.  This items should have been filtered out by either exclude value.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Shawn

Parents
  • Hi Shawn
    What version of the ER have you got?

You can try to create the parameter for the "Display Name (Installed Software)" field with "Does not contain" condition and provide "KB" value there to exclude the software that contains "kb" in its name.

Regards
    Ivan

• Hi Shawn
    What version of the ER have you got?

You can try to create the parameter for the "Display Name (Installed Software)" field with "Does not contain" condition and provide "KB" value there to exclude the software that contains "kb" in its name.

Regards
    Ivan

Children
No Data