This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Discovery errors when editing

Hi,

It seems we are not able to edit existing discovery jobs or to create new discovery jobs...
We receive a different error when trying to adapt the schedule then when we try to edit the scope or other settings.

Every time we try to edit the schedule we end up with the error:

When we try to edit the settings, we get:

Since it worried me that the db is not reacheable (all roles including db server is installed on the same machine), I had a look at the permissions (which should not have changed) and they seem to be OK...
I still have a feeling that this is got to do with permission problems but I can't seem to find any... Anyone has any ideas...?

Thanks in advance,
Steve.

• Good morning Steve

Can you please reboot the machine and then confirm in SERVICES, that all relevant Enterprise Reporter and SQL services are up and running? Then try the same actions you were trying.
    Also, what version are you on for ER?

Thank you
    Tracey
  • Also- please send the content of the "Details" link in your screenshot- if you get it again.
    Thank you
    Tracey
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply but I seem to have found the problem.
    We were running into a disk space issue where the db file was not able to autogrow...
    I was able to add some storage and now the problem is gone.

However I have two other questions since I'm a new to this product...:

Can we cleanup the db because I think there is a lot of old data...?

We had split out our NTFS discoveries per drive to avoid a discovery task that would run for days but we can only view the discovered data from our last discovery task? Is that normal behaviour?

Regards,
    Steve.
  • Hello Steve

Concerning the cleanup of db- Give Support a call to assist in the database cleanup. They can guide you through the process. They can also guide you on the possible changes you can make to assist you in performance increases and setup. For the way you have it setup in your description- the behavior is normal.

Please let Support know what your ER version is, including Hotfix version, as feature functionality can change in each version.

Thank you
    Tracey