This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Ent Reporter SQL database in an untrusted domain

I know this is a bit of an edge case but I want to be sure I'm not missing something....

Customer wishes to install Ent Reporter 3.0 in AD Domain B.

Domain B doesn't contain any SQL servers.

Customer has a SQL server in Domain A and wants to have Reporter send data to the database using SQL Authentication.

There is no trust between Domain A and Domain B.

Now here's the interesting bit... based on testing in my lab, I was able to create the Reporter DB on the Domain A SQL Server by referencing a SQL login contained therein.

However, there doesn't appear to be any way to use the same approach to have the Discovery Cluster / nodes submit data to the database?

The dialog for setting up the cluster / nodes has a check box that is supposed to allow use of different credentials for "SQL authentication".  I believe the dialog is using this term a bit loosely and really means specifying alternative domain credentials for accessing SQL.

Parents
  • The “Add Discovery Node” dialog has the checkbox “Specify a separate SQL Server Authentication credential for the database”
    It will allow you to use “sa” or any other SQL Server credential for that purpose. Node computer will use that account to access the database to store collected data. The credential manager accepts any credentials, domain or sql server.
  • The “Add Discovery Node” dialog has the checkbox “Specify a separate SQL Server Authentication credential for the database”
    It will allow you to use “sa” or any other SQL Server credential for that purpose. Node computer will use that account to access the database to store collected data. The credential manager accepts any credentials, domain or sql server.
Children
No Data