This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is there a way to remove a column from the default dashboard

Is there a way to remove a certain column, or columS, from the default dashboard for when a dashboard user/console user logs in?

For example, I'll have many developers and dev managers logging in and using Foglight.  They really don't need to see the "DB Alarms" column.  All it does for all of them is raise questions.

I still want my other DBA's and those with ADMIN access to see the db alarms.  

I apologize but I'm pretty new to the software and may need some step-by-step instructions on how to do this.  

Thanks!!

Parents
  • Hi John,

I believe you have a couple of options:
    1) Create a custom dashboard and include the information you want those users to see. You could set this dashboard as their homepage.
    2) You can remove the alarms columns from the main view (see screenshot below).

I believe the best solution is the #1, as will allow you to share only the information you need to convey to these users. You can contact me at gaston.perez (at) quest.com if you want. I should be able to show you how to create custom dashboards.

How to remove "DB Alarms" column.

• Hi John,

I believe you have a couple of options:
    1) Create a custom dashboard and include the information you want those users to see. You could set this dashboard as their homepage.
    2) You can remove the alarms columns from the main view (see screenshot below).

I believe the best solution is the #1, as will allow you to share only the information you need to convey to these users. You can contact me at gaston.perez (at) quest.com if you want. I should be able to show you how to create custom dashboards.

How to remove "DB Alarms" column.

Children
No Data