This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Foglight 5.8.5 - SQL Server Deadlock data retention at 3 days??

Hi All,

I'm new to the Foglight community and this is my first post - please be gentle. I'm looking into Deadlocks on SQL Server and have noticed that the retention for deadlock information is 3 days, which seems a bit short.

I've tried to see where in Retention Policies and Object Cleanup this might be set but I can't determine where it is and how to change it. Any advice on how to (or even if I should) increase the number of days I see Deadlocks for?

Thanks

Keegan

Parents
  • The 5.7.5.35 SQL Server cartridge that was released a couple weeks back and is the newest release. I checked an SQL Server instance on one of my systems using the same cartridge and can see deadlocks from five days ago.

I would recommend opening a Support Case to check this as there are a few items that could be reviewed such as the retention settings or whether SQL PI is used to collect data (as SQL PI uses a different repository to store historical data than the main Foglight FMS repository).

John
  • The 5.7.5.35 SQL Server cartridge that was released a couple weeks back and is the newest release. I checked an SQL Server instance on one of my systems using the same cartridge and can see deadlocks from five days ago.

I would recommend opening a Support Case to check this as there are a few items that could be reviewed such as the retention settings or whether SQL PI is used to collect data (as SQL PI uses a different repository to store historical data than the main Foglight FMS repository).

John
Children
No Data