This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Editing a rule action to email and then automatically acknowledge alarm

We use an external ticketing tool, and essentially what I'm trying to get foglight to do is send an email to the tool, but then as a second action, to aknowledge the alarm until normal automatically.

For example,

SQL Server datafile >80% full, send email to our ticketing tool, once the email has been sent aknowlege that our ticketing tool has got things under control and dispatched to our DBA team, DBA resolves the ticket and the alarm shouldn't generate again until it reaches >80% again...

I think I've seen stuff with groovy scripts to clear alarms on a timed basis, but I would like it happen following an email action basis... is that possible? 

Does my logic make sense?

Thanks,

Parents
  • Hello,

You can use the Integration cartridge to forward alarms from Foglight to another tool or even to recieve alarms from another tool. Here the documentation. You can also forward alarms as SNMP traps and as a part of the the email action you can acknowledge the alarm in Foglight.

I like to recommend to involve our PSO team to get the best implementation for your setup.

Kind Regards

Nicola

• Hello,

You can use the Integration cartridge to forward alarms from Foglight to another tool or even to recieve alarms from another tool. Here the documentation. You can also forward alarms as SNMP traps and as a part of the the email action you can acknowledge the alarm in Foglight.

I like to recommend to involve our PSO team to get the best implementation for your setup.

Kind Regards

Nicola

Children
No Data