This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Has any work been done around running Foglight, FglAM, and Agents in Docker Containers?

I'm investigating the advantages of running some parts of Foglight from Docker Containers (mainly the FglAM/Agents).

Is there any documentation for setting up and running Remote FglAMs/Agents in Docker Containers?  Can it be done?  Advantages/Disadvantages?  Can I point a containerized FglAM to an FMS running in a standard VM? 

Parents
  • What's the use case for using a container vs. a regular, old virtual machine to run the Fglams?
    I understand containers can achieve a higher density per host than (most) vm's, but you'll still need cpu/memory reserved to ensure adequate performance.

I don't see there being a limitation to doing this with Docker, provided the OS is supported by Fglam. You would want to ensure some type of persistent storage for the container too.
  • What's the use case for using a container vs. a regular, old virtual machine to run the Fglams?
    I understand containers can achieve a higher density per host than (most) vm's, but you'll still need cpu/memory reserved to ensure adequate performance.

I don't see there being a limitation to doing this with Docker, provided the OS is supported by Fglam. You would want to ensure some type of persistent storage for the container too.
Children
No Data