Event 36887, Schannel, The following fatal alert was received: 46.

Foglight version 5.7.5.41

I am getting this error on all my monitored SQL Server instances. Event 36887, Schannel, The following fatal alert was received: 46.  Foglight is not showing any errors and it looks like it is monitoring but it is spamming the IT department with alerts.  It looks like a bad certificate but I can't identify which one. 

What I have been able to look up is the Guid associated with the error can be found in the registry under the following path

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WINEVT\Publishers\{1f678132-5938-4686-9fdc-c8ff68f15c85}

ResourceFileName | REG_EXPAND_SZ | %windir%\System32\lsasrv.dll

- System

- Provider

[ Name]  Schannel
   [ Guid]  {1F678132-5938-4686-9FDC-C8FF68F15C85}

EventID 36887

Version 0

Level 2

Task 0

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]  2018-03-12T18:15:51.791018300Z

EventRecordID 6799563

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID]  500
   [ ThreadID]  7416

Channel System

- Security

[ UserID]  S-1-5-18

- EventData

AlertDesc 46

Parents
  • Hello,

I'm not sure if this can be solved via this forum, we might need a service request for it.
    But first check if this page could help you:
    blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/.../

If not, we need to check the SQL Server agent logs and see if the agent triggers an error which provides more details.

I searched for the alert + event ID and I found several webpages explaining the issue, but I'm not sure which one matches with your setup.

Maybe one of my colleagues following this forum have see this issue before.
    If not, please raise a service request and provide the Foglight support bundles for further investigation. If you do not know how to create the support bundle, look at here:
    support.quest.com/.../41911

Regards
    Nicola
  • Hello,

I'm not sure if this can be solved via this forum, we might need a service request for it.
    But first check if this page could help you:
    blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/.../

If not, we need to check the SQL Server agent logs and see if the agent triggers an error which provides more details.

I searched for the alert + event ID and I found several webpages explaining the issue, but I'm not sure which one matches with your setup.

Maybe one of my colleagues following this forum have see this issue before.
    If not, please raise a service request and provide the Foglight support bundles for further investigation. If you do not know how to create the support bundle, look at here:
    support.quest.com/.../41911

Regards
    Nicola
Children
No Data