This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Derived Metrics to see how many servers are active in a site

Hi

I have a scenario I have to run with.

I need to see how many servers are connected to a specific site as well as see if there are any offline agents. There are 2 sites in question.

What is the best option? To create a derived metric for this?

If so, how would this be done and on what Topology object would I save the metric?

Thanks

Regards

• Hi,
    That sounds and interesting problem. What exactly do you mean by "how many servers are connected to a specific site"?
    I'm not sure exactly what you mean but depending on what you are trying to achieve you could create a service that contains the objects at the site that you care about. Apply rule filters to the service for the "Agent Health State" and "Idle Agents" rules, that are part of the core monitoring, and view this in the Service Operations Console.
    Kris
  • Thanks Kris, that did help a bit but the customer would like to see overall metrics on a dashboard.
    So the scenario is as follows, I have site A and site B, the naming of the hosts are name1 to name200, the IP addresses are 10.1.* for site A and 10.2.* for site B.
    There are 100 hosts in site A and 100 in site B.
    The metrics need to reflect 100 hosts in SITEA, 98 Active, 2 Inactive --> 100 Hosts in SITEB, 90 Active, 10 Inactive
    Hope this is possible.
  • Hello,
    How do you consider "connected to a side"? Is it just, if the agents can connect or do you want to check for a specific metric?

Overall, yes this is possible. Only thing i'm not sure about is, where to attach these new maetrics. Maybe we could scope to a Foglight Service called "Side a" and "Side b".

Jan