This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Missing Permissions to create default profile for IT Monitoring Console

I have read all the permissions needed to create the default profile for IT Monitoring Console. The application is installed however, the default profile isn't showing. I am curious to know if I am missing some permissions somewhere as when I try to actually create a profile I receive a COM+ application error and states I cannot create the profile, access denied. If someone would be so gracious to help me out on what I am potentially missing as far as permissions go, that would be awesome.

Any feedback would be great!

Thanks,

Nicole

Parents
  • Igor:

1.  I see the Dell Alerting Profile there. When it was created and did you use it successfully before? If yes, what happened in between? Did you upgrade? The default profile was there before and working as normal. I upgraded from 11.0 to 11.1 to 11.3.

2.   Is Mon Console installed together with InTrust Server or on separate machine? Mon console is installed on the same server as Intrust Man, however I do have Intrust Man installed on more than 1 of the Intrust servers (if that even matters)

3. Is this USAR_InTrustAgent account a member of local Administrators group? Domain Admins Group? USAR_IntrustAgent is a member of the local admin group and is an enterprise admin. It is not a domain admin.

4. Is this USAR_InTrustAgent account also used as InTrust Server services account? USAR_IntrustAgent is used for the service account as well as everything else for Intrust.

5.    What is your policy with MS updates and in particular do you have installed updates mentioned here: Our policy is based on Critical monthly patches. We have an organization that determines what patches are to be applied to our systems. KB4056898 (Windows Server 2012 R2) was installed on 2/23/2018. We were experiencing this issue before that patch was installed.

Please advise. I greatly appreciate all feedback thus far.

Thanks,

Nicole

• Igor:

1.  I see the Dell Alerting Profile there. When it was created and did you use it successfully before? If yes, what happened in between? Did you upgrade? The default profile was there before and working as normal. I upgraded from 11.0 to 11.1 to 11.3.

2.   Is Mon Console installed together with InTrust Server or on separate machine? Mon console is installed on the same server as Intrust Man, however I do have Intrust Man installed on more than 1 of the Intrust servers (if that even matters)

3. Is this USAR_InTrustAgent account a member of local Administrators group? Domain Admins Group? USAR_IntrustAgent is a member of the local admin group and is an enterprise admin. It is not a domain admin.

4. Is this USAR_InTrustAgent account also used as InTrust Server services account? USAR_IntrustAgent is used for the service account as well as everything else for Intrust.

5.    What is your policy with MS updates and in particular do you have installed updates mentioned here: Our policy is based on Critical monthly patches. We have an organization that determines what patches are to be applied to our systems. KB4056898 (Windows Server 2012 R2) was installed on 2/23/2018. We were experiencing this issue before that patch was installed.

Please advise. I greatly appreciate all feedback thus far.

Thanks,

Nicole

Children
No Data