This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Litespeed Restore on SQL Server 2014

Hi,

I am trying to restore very large database (6 Tb) into SQL Server 2014 instance. It works fine immediately after the reboot. However, if I try to restore again after a while, I see SQL is waiting on the following wait types and never completes (I waited for 4 hours in one instance).

PREEMPTIVE_OS_GETPROCADDRESS

PREEMPTIVE_OS_FILEOPS

If reboot the server and try again, it works the first time.

Any idea whats wrong may be happening? If it is windows file system which is what the file type suggests to be waiting on? Anything else I can try?

Windows server is 2012 R2 standard. Tried updating the server with latest patches did not help.

SQL server i2014 with Sp2.

Litespeed is 8.2.0.547

Thanks,

-Mohsin

• Moshin, I am unaware of any issues with LiteSpeed and those SQL Server versions. I think I'd recommend two things:

1. Upgrade to LiteSpeed for SQL Server 8.2.1 as it addresses a number of (unrelated) bugs in the product. It's an important upgrade

2. Contact our support team who can help you with log generation and analysis with the help of our escalation and engineering teams. That will provide the fastest resolution to your issue.

I will ask the engineering team if they have seen this issue before and have them reply here if they have anything for you.

Thanks for posting.

--

David