Netvault Litespeed for SQL Server licensing and differences

Hello,

I found this thread on the community http://communities.quest.com/message/66120#66120 before posting this but apparently, there was no follow up/answer to it since the topic creator never re-posted on this community. Could you please advise on how is this product licensed? From what I´ve been reading on related threads, there seems to be Enterprise and Professional editions/licenses of this, however, I couldn´t find in any of the documentation sections of the product the core differences of both.

Thanks

• We license by CPU or by Instance. CPU is best for most virtual environements since it allows for unlimited VM use as long as the host CPUs are licensed. For physical environments, the instance licensing is usually best.

The only edition I would recommend you evaluate is Enterprise. Standard is missing most of the advanced features customers use like Fast Compression, Adaptive Compression, Object-Level Recovery, Transaction Log Reader, etc.

Thanks.

• Thanks for the prompt response, David.

So, will the option to select/request Enterprise (or any other edition for that matter) appear while requesting a quote/trial?

Thanks

• Your sales rep will discuss all options with you.

Thanks.