This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

I see many striped files while taking (SQL Server) DB backup from Lite speed, can anyone please help me how to see how many striped files present in a Lite-speed (SQL SERVER )DB backup file after the backup...

Hi Team,

I see many striped files while taking (SQL Server) DB backup from Lite speed, can anyone please help me how to see how many striped files present in a Lite-speed (SQL SERVER )DB backup file after the backup...

Through Lite speed DB backup is in progress, i see its writing to many VDI files but when i see this xp_restore_headeronly but i didn't see the count...

Thanks.

Subhani

• Hello Subhani,

Please note that the "VDI files" are threads and have no relation to the number of striped files your backup task creates. By default the treads used is (n-1) where "n" is equal to the number of cores.

There are several ways to review what backup files and threads have been created by Litespeed for a backup job.

You can enable Litespeed logging and review those logs after completion of the Litespeed backup task.

Logging is enabled by right clicking the SQL instance in the backup manager view of the Litespeed console. Choose support and then Litespeed logging from the menu. Select what area of Litespeed you wish for debug logging ( I would suggest core and fast compression to start) then click OK to save your settings and close the window. The logs are created in the following location by default C:\ProgramData\Quest Software\LiteSpeed\SQL Server\Logs

If the backup jobs you are interested in are part of a maintenance plan you can also review them in the Litespeed console by opening the maintenance plans view. Expand the SQL instance you're interested in and select the maintenance plan. Click the design tab and double click the backup task to review it's settings.

If the backup is part of a backup template you can open the backup manager view in the Litespeed console, select the SQL instance and click the backup template tab. Choose the template and selected edit to open the template wizard.

For help with any of these suggestions please open a support ticket and we can walk you thru these options.

Hope this helps,