This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Check registration of SQLVDI.DLL and value of IID

Hi,

if I want to restore a database (via Double Click Restore), I receive the message:
Could not create component: x80040154.
Check registration of SQLVDI.DLL and value of IID.

The first hit on google shows me: https://support.quest.com/kb/13745
But the resolution is for older systems. I have a SQL Server 2014 Standard Edition (12.0.4213.0) on Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard.

Restoring the database via the "Restore Wizard" on the "LiteSpeed Console" works fine.

What can I do?

Best regards,
Frank

Parents
  • Hello Frank,

Please open a support case as there are many factors support will want to work with you to investigate. (For example a support bundle will need to be collected and we may also want to look at the DCR file itself)

They may in the end recommend the same steps the solution note mentions, but again I recommend you open a support case so that we can verify if those steps would apply in your case.

Thanks,
    -Ben-
  • Hello Frank,

Please open a support case as there are many factors support will want to work with you to investigate. (For example a support bundle will need to be collected and we may also want to look at the DCR file itself)

They may in the end recommend the same steps the solution note mentions, but again I recommend you open a support case so that we can verify if those steps would apply in your case.

Thanks,
    -Ben-
Children
No Data