This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Converting trn files into SQL Server trn files

Hello, I'm trying to convert Lts.trn files into SQL Server .trn files. Please let me know if this can be done?  I tried using the -N argument without success. Please help. Thanks!

C:\Users\jhiggins\Desktop\Yardi conversion>extractor64.exe -F njedqaeef_pcu_conv_backup_2017_10_03_153002_0820098.Lts.trn -E C:\Users\jhiggins\Desktop\Yardi conversion\.trn

LiteSpeedT for SQL Serverr Version 8.2.1.39 (64bit)
c 2016 Dell Inc.

Could not determine required MTF file count from LS backup files.
Check supplied backup filenames.

Parents
  • Hello,

The error…” Could not determine required MTF file count from LS backup files. Check supplied backup filenames.” Normally happens when the file header is either encrypted or corrupted.

Is it encrypted? If not, then the file is most likely corrupted.

To verify please try to restore the backup, using Litespeed, to a temp test database (if possible). If the restore works then a corrupt header is not the cause of your issue.

Or please open a support case and send us the TLOG backup. We can then open the file to look at the header.

Hope that helps,
    -Ben-
  • Hello,

The error…” Could not determine required MTF file count from LS backup files. Check supplied backup filenames.” Normally happens when the file header is either encrypted or corrupted.

Is it encrypted? If not, then the file is most likely corrupted.

To verify please try to restore the backup, using Litespeed, to a temp test database (if possible). If the restore works then a corrupt header is not the cause of your issue.

Or please open a support case and send us the TLOG backup. We can then open the file to look at the header.

Hope that helps,
    -Ben-
Children
No Data