This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Log reader not supporting native compression!!?

Hi, I purchased Toad for SQL server professional to get the log reader functionality to read offline transaction log files instead of using SQL profiler to view the activity on the database, I now find that I cannot use it as we use native compression!! This makes this functionality useless to me, as we use compression across the board......

1. Who would not use native compression with their backups?

2. Do I now have to change all my backup maintenance plans to make use of this tool

This is very frustrating, why can't native compressed backups be accessed? Is this just a way to sell another product?

:(

Parents
  • When asking this question on the Toad site it directs you here to ask the LiteSpeed team why this functionality does not exist, and to ask for support of it, so I assume it is developed by the LiteSpeed team?

Ben, are you from the LiteSpeed team? (expecting radio silence) ;)
  • When asking this question on the Toad site it directs you here to ask the LiteSpeed team why this functionality does not exist, and to ask for support of it, so I assume it is developed by the LiteSpeed team?

Ben, are you from the LiteSpeed team? (expecting radio silence) ;)
Children
No Data