This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bad Data. Unable to decrypt data (CryptDecrypt)

Quest 8.14

Having an issue when trying to retrieve stats from the DSA or any migration session. My migration sessions are working fine, as is the DSA. I just can't view these items.

In the DSA, when I click Conflicts, Failed Objects, or Unresolved Objects, I get this error:

From a migration sessions, when I click the View Log button I get this error:

In the adproxy.log is this error multiple times:

18/05/2017 21:52:08(GMT+01:00) \\ITREGGSQMMAD01 ITREGGSQMMAD01 TraceMsg -1 Agent started. Agent version: 8.14.0.897.
18/05/2017 21:52:08(GMT+01:00) \\ITREGGSQMMAD01 ITREGGSQMMAD01 Error -2146893819 Bad Data. Unable to decrypt data (CryptDecrypt).
19/05/2017 14:00:30(GMT+01:00) \\ITREGGSQMMAD01 ITREGGSQMMAD01 TraceMsg -1 Agent started. Agent version: 8.14.0.897.
19/05/2017 14:00:30(GMT+01:00) \\ITREGGSQMMAD01 ITREGGSQMMAD01 Error -2146893819 Bad Data. Unable to decrypt data (CryptDecrypt).

Any ideas?

Thanks

Parents
  • support.quest.com/.../229638

• Cause

Full control permissions missing on the files contained within the following folder: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys\

• Resolution

To resolve this issue, with the QMM console closed follow these steps:

1. Set full control permission to the SYSTEM and local administrators group on files in this location:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys\

If an Access Denied error message is received or if the above doesn't resolve the issue, then follow these steps:

1. Make backup copies of all files in folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys\

2. Then delete all the files in MachineKeys folder

3. Open the console and try to access statistics. (The system will automatically recreate necessary files with proper permissions.)

4. Then restore from backup all files, except those which were recreated.

Note:

1. The account logged in must be a local administrator in order to perform the above steps. 
      2. A restart of the DSA Agent Host may be necessary after the changes have been made  
  • support.quest.com/.../229638

• Cause

Full control permissions missing on the files contained within the following folder: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys\

• Resolution

To resolve this issue, with the QMM console closed follow these steps:

1. Set full control permission to the SYSTEM and local administrators group on files in this location:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys\

If an Access Denied error message is received or if the above doesn't resolve the issue, then follow these steps:

1. Make backup copies of all files in folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys\

2. Then delete all the files in MachineKeys folder

3. Open the console and try to access statistics. (The system will automatically recreate necessary files with proper permissions.)

4. Then restore from backup all files, except those which were recreated.

Note:

1. The account logged in must be a local administrator in order to perform the above steps. 
      2. A restart of the DSA Agent Host may be necessary after the changes have been made  
Children
No Data