This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cross-forest migration in Exchange Hybrid with Azure AD connect enabled

Thanks in advance for the help.

I have two on premises Active Directory forests, ForestA and ForestB. Azure AD Connect is installed on a server in ForestB and has connectors synchronizing both ForestA and ForestB to Office 365. I also have an Exchange hybrid server in ForestA that is being used to manage mailboxes in Office 365 and one in ForestB. Each user in ForestA has a mailbox in O365 and is matched using ms-ds-consistencyGUID (there are no on-premises mailboxes).

I need to migrate all AD user accounts from ForestA to ForestB. When I do this, I need to be sure that the mailbox is not deleted and the migrated user account in ForestB is matched to the O365 mailbox via directory synchronization.

How do I do this? Please note that I need to migrate 5000+ accounts so it will need to be done in batches and I can't disable dirsync at any point. I will use Quest Migration Manager for AD.

Parents
  • QMM AD can move the Target Object, but it can not move the source object. So that you are going to need to handle yourself.

What I am saying about the sync, you could create all of the objects in the target and cut the MS Dir Sync over from source to target day one, allowing QMM AD sync to maintain those objects.
  • QMM AD can move the Target Object, but it can not move the source object. So that you are going to need to handle yourself.

What I am saying about the sync, you could create all of the objects in the target and cut the MS Dir Sync over from source to target day one, allowing QMM AD sync to maintain those objects.
Children
No Data