This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Supported OS Versions and Pre-Reqs

I'm beginning work on a domain consolidation project that has a number of source domains all with different versions of Windows some as far back as 2000.

I'm looking for confirmation on:

• what versions of source domain the AD migration product can support
  • what the latest target domain version is ( 2016 ?? )
  • what pre-reqs need to be be met for each version e.g. functional level , SP's or KB's installed 

I really cannot understand why this information seems to be so hard to find on the Quest website , but there it is

Thanks for any help.

• Good Day.

I agree, sometimes it's difficult to find the particular information you are looking for on our support site, within the documentation. The reason for this, I find, is that the product is quite vast, and has many things to consider. Ports requirements, Forest Functionality Levels, Agent host server requirements etc. Most of the time, I find it easiest to go to support.quest.com > Type in the product name > Click Technical Documentation on the left > Locate the "Preparing Migration 8.14 System Requirements and Access Rights" link, and click the "VIEW PDF" option just to the right of the link.

Once you have downloaded the pdf, I find it's much easier to search ie "Domain Controller" and you will find the required information.

Ie.

Source and Target Domain Controllers

Requirement Details

Platform One of the following:
    l Intel x86
    l AMD 64
    l Intel EM64T

Operating System One of the following:
    l Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 or higher
    l Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 or higher (x86 edition)
    l Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 or higher (x64 edition)
    l Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 1 or higher (x86 edition,
    including Server Core)
    l Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 1 or higher (x64 edition,
    including Server Core)
    l Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 or higher (x64 edition,
    including Server Core)
    l Microsoft Windows Server 2012 (x64 edition, including Server Core)
    l Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 (x64 edition, including Server Core)
    l Microsoft Windows Server 2016 (x64 edition, including Server Core)

I hope this helps!
    Luke
  • You can also view the different system requirements and access rights using the below document.

documents.software.dell.com/.../